We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Dubai

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in Dubai

Hello All,

I want suggestion for Shopping in Dubai...

Can anyone please tell me what to buy from Dubai and at which price???

I guess all branded stuff has same price even in Dubai too in compared to other countries (i m from Ahmedabad, India).

Specially, i want to know about Dubai Mall. Is it worth to shop from Dubai Mall in budget price or it is just for hangout as it is in list of places to visit :)

I specially love to shop handbags & footwear from Dubai and clothes ofcourse as i m a girl :). so can anyone suggest me a good place to shop all these stuff at good rates ...

5 replies to this topic
Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Dubai

Shopping in Dubai is expensive if you go for Western branded names.

Most chain shops (like Zara, Aldo etc) have the same prices no matter which mall you visit in Dubai.

There are plenty of shops selling just what you like - from basic all the way to exclusive designer brands.

About what to buy - not sure ... the bargains are in the more oriental items like rugs, handicraft, Arabic perfumes, bakhoors etc - Western branded items are very over priced in Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Dubai

Nobody can second guess what you need or like to buy, it is up to the individual. On genuine branded goods, Dubai is not cheaper by any means. Electronics also relatively cheaper in the US, UK. Nothing is cheap in Dubai Mall, or most malls, unless you want something fancy as a remembrance. Best to limit your purchases to souqs and local markets, or maybe hypermarkets. Hundreds of outlets for handbags, shoes and the like. Meena Bazaar lanes ('gullies'), Karama Shopping Center (NOT Karama Center, though this complex also has several stores) etc would offer you plenty of options for fake brands, and sometimes genuine ones too.

If there is one thing to choose for a typical Indian, suggest looking at gold jewelry. Relatively cheaper, and assured quality.

11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Dubai

Look no further just make a quick stop at Baniyas square via the metro you would be amazed at how cheap things are there compared to the Dubai Mall.You would also find anything you need I'm not sure there's anything in this world you wouldnt find at Baniyas square.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Dubai

Thank you so much

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Dubai

Dubai Mall is not for you if you are looking for budget shopping. Just stroll around the place enjoy the fountain, ice rink, auarium and do the shopping else where. You can shop in one of the city centers. Deira city center is the best option.If you want to buy at a bargain go to Baniyas square. the same footwear and handbags you will find at much less a price than in the malls.

electronics like mobiles or laptop if you buy in Dubai most of the time it will not be serviced in India though they will say it has International warranty.

Spices and dry fruits of various types are available. Gold too but you have restrictions on gold when you land in India.You will get good cotton dresses - cotton from Egypt, leather goods from Paksithan. Global village exhibition must be open by now. you can visit it. you will find all these there. You can take souvenirs from African pavilion. For a person who wants to shop Dubai is the place. If you do not have time just go to Baniyas square and walk around and you will find all these there.

Reply to: Shopping in Dubai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted