We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Duty Free

Save Topic
Dubai Duty Free

Is it good to buy jewelry from Dubai Duty Free? I know that Gold Souk would be the best place to shop for gold but I won't have the time to make it. Would there be a huge price difference?

3 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Duty Free

Duty Free has a decent variety, in different carats, and from different countries. Gold Souk is a much much larger version, and vast number of outlets that provide accessories, repair services, even tools and machinery. DDF prices are fixed and non negotiable. In the souk you can bargain to reduce the making charges. If no time to go to souk, make the best of DDF. Base gold price would be same throughout Dubai but DDF could be just a shade more.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
58 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Duty Free

Hi,

Hows the acceptance of Diners Club credit card at dubai duty free? I was hoping to just use the card and not get into the trouble of getting USD/AED for the short stopover.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Duty Free

The Duty Free prices are higher and the variety in designs is not as great as in the Souks.

They accept major credit cards without issue.

Reply to: Dubai Duty Free
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted