We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luang Prabang smoke in March

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
20 posts
Luang Prabang smoke in March

I'm planning to visit Luang Prabang in early March, but am a bit concerned by reports of smoky air during this period. These reports are very mixed, however, with some travelers not bothered by it at all. I know this topic has been asked about in the past, but not since 2009, so I am wondering if anyone knows how the smoke factor was last March. The alternative plan is to travel longer in Vietnam and try to get to Luang Prabang in a better season in the future. Sorry to ask, but any advice?

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,575 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Luang Prabang smoke in March

Have you read any of the many posts on this issue on this site, some as recently as 2 weeks ago? The search function is on the top right corner.

It is not too bad, far better than Chiang Mai.

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
20 posts
2. Re: Luang Prabang smoke in March

Thanks, Rufuscat. You're right. I had searched but didn't anything since 2009, but using different search criteria I was able to find more recent posts, as you say. Sorry about that. We have decided to come to Laos anyway, just in case we cannot make it in the future.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,139 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: Luang Prabang smoke in March

Are you living in Fukuoka? If so, then just imagine the countryside there about a month ago, when they were burning all the rice chaff/straw. Doesn't get much worse than that but some people seem to whine about it a lot...

Edited: 26 December 2011, 03:52
4. Re: Luang Prabang smoke in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang