We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sa Sa LAo Guest House

2 posts
1 review
Sa Sa LAo Guest House

Has anyone had an experience similar to ours at this guest house called Sa Sa Lao. there were a lot of mosquitoes, the noise from an adjacent disco was there as a constant background, our bedding was so filthy the owner refunded our money for one night but when the next night one of the drugged up backpackers crashed into our room the owner simply denied it happened.

You are a long way from town so each tuc tuc costs 20,000 kip each way...at least. The food at Sa Sa Lao is very very expensive and the ticket we bought in town for Vang Vieng was 95,000 kip but Sa Sa LAo were selling for 140,000 kip. I understand they have to make a profit but am simply pointing out that by being there your costs are very high whether you go to town or buy at Sa Sa Lao.

We had been in 6 other hotel / guesthouses during our Laos stay with Sa Sa Lao being the worst by far. It was a horrible experience staying there and though we left our comments about each hotel with Booking com only the other 6 have been published with the comment we left for Sa Sa Lao being left in an apparent state of Limbo.

I normally hate complaining but the way we were treated by staff, and the way they ran the place was altogether too much. so be warned, its not a nice place but is very costly.

1 reply
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,139 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Sa Sa LAo Guest House

Sounds like a very bad experience. sorry to hear that. Thankfully I never had such an experience.

I would pst a review of the hotel on TA, as it will be easier for others to find and read it.

Reply to: Sa Sa LAo Guest House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted