We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riots in tunisia

derbyshire
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
riots in tunisia

anyone know whats happening with the riots, iv heard its in sousse now and a man been shot there! iv asked thomas cook to change my family holiday but they said theres no threat to us and they cant. we fly on the 20th,were really scared to be honest,i know its an ongoing unrest but now its in the tourist place where im staying im not happy to go,any advice or has anyone else tried to contact thomas cook unsuccessfully? helllllllp!!!!!

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: riots in tunisia

Have you not been following the posts on here ? Theres quite a lot if people asking similar questions too.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: riots in tunisia

If the UK government travel advice says its safe to travel, then TC will not just change your holiday, they just cant afford to do that. If you are that worried about your safety, why not cancel and forfeit the money? After all if you are worried and don't want to go, whats important, your families safety or your money?

I personally would not worry, i went just after the last trouble and had no concerns at all, if i did, i would rather lose my money than put my family at risk, if that was my way of thinking on risk.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 15:13
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: riots in tunisia

oh dear! where did you hear some-one was shot?

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: riots in tunisia

In london on a rolling year there was 2,320 reported cases of gun crime and 99 murders.

So i would say. EVERYONE THINKING OF VISITING THE UK DONT!!!

If we are going to have mass hysteria, i might as well jump on the band wagon.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: riots in tunisia

Lol well said Joe and your first post too totally agree and like the riots/looting we had in London last year !

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: riots in tunisia

im not worried, just nebby :)

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: riots in tunisia

I also think Tunisia's way of dealing with things by introducing old style dictator type curfews, just breeds western hysteria and is a step backwards. At this rate, it wont be long before tour operators pull out all together, due to lack of western interest in visiting and the hassle and uncertainty. Not to mention the millions lost last time around.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 15:36
derbyshire
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: riots in tunisia

well i wasnt in the riots in london last year and neither was i in the tunisian one,all i asked was had anyone had advice from thomas cook! dont expect to go on hol to be caught up in riots,dont wana waste my holiday time neither,sorry i asked! no need for sarcaastic comments,its not everyday we encounter riots on our holidays! and joe you say you went just AFTER the riots,im sure that would be fine but if its DURING the riots that would be different but thanks for your comments!

reading uk
4 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: riots in tunisia

I also created a thread siimiler to this as I'm going out on Sunday.

But have just spoke to a Tunisian bloke we met last year that lives in sousse said it fine and peaceful ATM :)

A bit of reassurance to me anyway as we all no e media boosts thing a little :)

London
Level Contributor
9,117 posts
55 reviews
10. Re: riots in tunisia

where did you hear some-one was shot? <<<

yes unfortunately local Tunisian was shot in Sousse yesterday during demonstrations with police. This will only inflame the situation.

Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations