We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enfidha

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Enfidha

Does anyone know the transfer time from Enfidha Airport to the hotels (Marhaba Salem) in Sousse? Also how well equipped is the departure lounge ( sad but thinking of the return journey already - have a night flight- just wondered whats there!)

Thanks

stroud
Level Contributor
655 posts
1. Re: Enfidha

Jackie,

Hello it really depends on how many stops to make and how long before everyone boards the coach.I lfew into Enfidha in May and it took 2/3 hours to Sousse i much prefered Monastir on the metro so much quicker. Enfidha a new airport has had its problems and look at previous threads it is well equipped with Cafes ,Smoking areas, Toilets, Duty free and it is a bigger area than Monastir. I notice you are staying at the Salem this hotel has been closed and i am aware that you probably staying in an annexe of the hotel but eating in the Royal so you may want to make sure that this is acceptable and i know that there has been some discussion in previous threads.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay and Tunisia is a great countryas are its people and they will make you welcome.

Good luck Toby.

Edited: 25 July 2011, 12:59
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2. Re: Enfidha

Thanks Toby.

Funny when I booked the holiday the travel agent was plugging this new airport saying how much closer it was and how much shorter the transfer time would be! Having been to Tunisia before I know we will have a great holiday.

I am aware of the 'problems' with the Salem and have had several 'chats' with Thomson - and whilst I am not happy with the changes they made it would appear that I have no choice! We shall see - but fingers crossed!

Cheers

stroud
Level Contributor
655 posts
3. Re: Enfidha

Jackie,

With the new airport open i would expect teething problems but the infrastucture needs to be set in place, a better bus service to the airport, perhaps a service to enfidha train station and more trains,clarity on how much taxis cost, is there a louage service from Sousse and other resorts to the airport. I asked about the bus service but the rep did not have any knowledge of this service. The transfer to the Salem is almost half way between the airports so not much difference.I am sure you will enjoy.

Good luck Toby..

Edited: 25 July 2011, 13:58
London
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Enfidha

Yes agree with toby certain things such as taxi services should be sorted out. There is supposed to be taxi on demand service but didnt see evidence of it - although I didnt wander round and enquire as had transfer booked. There was a tout offering taxi service to Sousse for 50 dinars - but would be wary of trusting touts standing around at airport. There must be people who book last minute holidays and have no time to book transfer, so would cause problems for them.

stroud
Level Contributor
655 posts
5. Re: Enfidha

Wandering Star,

Hello a problem for last min bookers being at the mercy of the taxis. There is a bus service from the airport to Sousse via Pek and the time table can be found at the TIC in Sousse opposite the Claridge hotel.

The service runs from Sousse [souk el ahed] to the airport via Pek and returns just outside Arrivals back to Sousse. The service is quite frequent and 12 buses a day to and from. The ideal is to try and book a transfer but not always possible.

Good luck Toby.

Edited: 25 July 2011, 14:26
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Enfidha

One of the reasons you sit so long on the bus is because the touroperator waits for a few planes to arrive before the bus leaves. So if you are on the last of the planes they wait for and the bus can leave immediately you will be within an hour in your hotel. With the car it is only 30 till 40 minutes driving from the airport to your hotel, it's about 40 km.

London
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
55 reviews
7. Re: Enfidha

Perhaps I have been lucky but transfers coaches have always been for the one flight, so never had a horrendous wait.Would not be very happy sitting on coach waiting for other flights to arrive.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13,145 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Enfidha

Enfidha to Sousse on Thomson coach earlier this year

We were 3rd or 4th stop,after a couple of stops in PEK

40/45min.. not to bad !

Mick

PS

forgot to add ,we did wait at airport for a bit for passengers who didnt turn up!!

Edited: 25 July 2011, 22:09
belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Enfidha

Hi Jackie,

We are a family of 4 and we will be in Sousse for 2 weeks from 30/07.

Some hotels do a limo service but can be pricey. I have booked Resorthoppa Private Taxi Transfer (for 4 people) and it is around £60 return which is not bad and in my mind better than a coach. It says on the booking form that the transfer is 40 mins. Hope we all have a great relaxing holiday and really looking forward to it now. Beautiful country/lovely people. Brian

cambridge
Level Contributor
595 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Enfidha

My OH and I are used to getting a taxi from monastir, but 17/7/11 we flew into Enfidha for the 1st time there was 7 of us so taking the coach was the easier way, we were the last to board a full coach and still sat on the coach park for a further 30mins, after flying in at 10.30pm, but once we got going we were dropped off about 30mins later at the Golf Residence pek, 2nd drop off, 1st drop off was EL Hanna, then us then it was going on to The Kanta and so forth.

Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations