We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito's

Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Mosquito's

Hi All, are there mosquito's in Brasov in the summer months? i suffer from Mosquito bites and want to be prepared and bring sprays etc- has anyone been bitten by them while in Brasov???

Thank You

7 replies to this topic
Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
601 posts
460 reviews
1. Re: Mosquito's

Yes, in summer it gets quite hot and mosquitos are very common. But no need to bring a spray with you (unless you have already bought it), as you will find sprays, coils, etc. in Romania in supermarkets, convenience stores and pharmacies.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,649 posts
2. Re: Mosquito's

Yes, there are mosquitoes in the city and surrounding villages in summer.

As mentioned above, no real need to bring anything, you can buy locally.

Edited: 21 June 2018, 15:19
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Mosquito's

Thank you VLadimir 1998 and alterme- di i not read somewhere that sprays and sun lotions are expensive in Romania and limited selection wise??

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,649 posts
4. Re: Mosquito's

Not really, there's a pretty wide variety in pharmacies and large supermarkets during summer. Prices vary by brand, some are very cheap.

Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Mosquito's

Thanks alterme.

Brasov, Romania
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Mosquito's

NO, they are not common in Brasov. I've been living here for 6 years, and I haven't been bitten a single time by a mosquito (unlike in Bucharest or Tg. Mures where they ate me regularly...)

If you go hiking, you'd better use an insect repellent spray though - especially as there are many ticks in the summer months.

Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Mosquito's

Thank You-Gergely K

Reply to: Mosquito's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted