We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other intern in Kosovo?

Venice
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any other intern in Kosovo?

Hi. I was just wondering if there are other international people who will take on an internship in Pristina this autumn/winter. If so, please contact me, we could exchange some information about accomodation, going out, work etc.

My e-mail is bea18stella@yahoo.it

don't hesitate to contact me!!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other intern in Kosovo?

Hi - I'm just wondering how you got on with accomodation in Pristina?

Did you just get your workplace to help out in the end?

I'm currently looking into Internships for 2012 but I can't see any for Pristina/Kosovo at this stage - any tips!?

Thanks,

Eamonn

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other intern in Kosovo?

Not sure what happened here - i'm user Eamonn2011 but seems i'm logged in under someone else called 'williehyena' TRIPADVISOR people!??? whats going on!?

Venice
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other intern in Kosovo?

Hi eamonn!

yes, someone from the Office helped me with the apartment =) My tip is not to wait for a vacancy announcement, but just to send your cv and a cover letter to the organization you are interested in! This is what I did and I got two offers in the end!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other intern in Kosovo?

Great, thanks for the tip!

I was in Prishtina last September and I intend on going back in July to do a course in Prishtina Summer University for two weeks...with the intention of staying on after this. Albeit i'm only half way through an International Studies degree with Open University, so that may come against me? To counter this I have loads of volunteer experience in the area of Asylum and Human rights advocacy.

May I ask if you have any Albanian? I haven't a word so must get working on the basics. Thanks for getting back to me so fast!

Eamonn.

Edited: 14 December 2011, 16:34
Venice
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any other intern in Kosovo?

I think that if you have already a Bachelor degree (do you?) and you are currently e nrolled in a masters it is ok! I also have some more exams to take before getting my masters degree! Even more, many UN organizations/agencies only accept you as an intern, if you are still enrolled at university while doing your internship (for insurance reasons), so it is not against you, but in your favour ! No, I don't speak any Albanian or Serb at all and, don't worry, very few internationals do! Where would you like to intern, if I may ask?

B.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any other intern in Kosovo?

Nope, no degree yet. Just a Diploma in Youth/Communty work and working on the 2nd year of the International Studies degree.

I'm interested in the area of conflict resolution/community development work, but I'll have to research more organisations in Pristina.

I was thinking of applying for an Internship with Kosovo 2.0 magazine or Balkan Sunflowers - but I have to do some research to see if its possible for me in my current situation to get something with OSCE or some UN org..although I was skeptical of them until you say being currently enrolled in Uni may be suitable for them!

I work with Asylum seekers here on a volunteer basis so I can get some Albanian lessons I think. thanks!

7. Re: Any other intern in Kosovo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Pristina