We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Bolton
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Hi,

We are a family of three travelling to Dubrovnik at the end of May and will probably be eating our Lunch and Evening Meal out. Could someone please give me an idea of the cost for a meal for 3 with wine (probably starter and main course) and also an approximate cost for a light lunch? I just want to ensure we bring enough spending money. Also are you able to advise how much it is approx for a beer, wine and soft drinks in the bars? As you can see all our money will be going on food and drink!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Justine

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,079 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Depends what you eat of course - fresh fish is expensive. Local wine in a carafe is quite cheap - half a litre for £3-£4. Beer is very cheap particularly toceno pivo - draught beer at about £1 for a small one. soft drinks are very expensive - much more than beer. Pizza and pasta is cheap and very good as is the risotto - local dish. Sharing is OK - so if you have a big pizza you could have it for 2 people - they chop it in half and put on 2 plates. I think I am doing well if I get a meal with 2 courses and drinks for under £20 for 2. But, Dubrovnik is more expensive that the Split area where I tend to be.

Bolton
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Thanks for your post. It just gives me an idea on what to budget. I was thinking of approx £120.00 per day for the 3 of us and going off what you have said it should be plenty.

Thanks

Justine

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

You can get by on that, but one meal could also cost you that if you're not careful. The fresh fish is very good in Dubrovnik, but it is priced by the kilo and will end up costing between 25 and 30 Euro per person if ordered. Take some time to visit some restaurants and look at the menu prices before choosing where to eat. And, avoid the people on the Stradun in the Old Town who try to get you to come to their restaurant.

Bolton
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Thanks for the warning. I do enjoy fish but it is not something I generally order when I am dining out, so fingers crossed I should be safe there!!!!

What are the local dishes like? Is there anything that you would recommend trying? We do like to try and be adventurous when we are on our travels.

Justine

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

very cheap and very good is lokanda peskaria, in the old town...wonderful!!

Bolton
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Than for the tip.......I will keep a look out.

Justine

Sissi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Sissi
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Have a look for anything called platter or plate ie Dalmatian Platter.

It's usually a mixed grill type of affair packed with relevant local specialities.

You can then try them and ask the waiter what your favourite parts were for future reference.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Local specialties that are really good are octopus salad, grilled squid, blitve (which is like swiss chard), Cevapcici (which is a Bosnian grilled meat), and bureks (which are cheese or meat pies). Local prsut (smoked ham) is also really good and for something really special, look for meat "under the iron bell".

Bolton
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Thank you.

I will print these posts out and take them with me when I go.

Justine

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
10. Re: Cost of Eating out in Dubrovnik

Bureks sound extremely delicious to me. I hope to try them.

Is it open pie or a closed one?

Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik
Recent Conversations