We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning trip to Croatia in July

Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Planning trip to Croatia in July

Hi all

I’m planning a trip to Croatia and Greece June 29th to July 11th. Wondering how the weather would be then and is it a good time to visit. Any other tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Anjali

Best Seller
Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
449 Reviews
from US$32.20*
Best Seller
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
791 Reviews
from US$57.38*
Best Seller
Game of Thrones Extended Tour
209 Reviews
from US$57.40*
6 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Planning trip to Croatia in July

Excellent hot weather, school holidays though so heaving with visitors from early July, and also a bit more expensive due to this. Yo'd have to fly to Greece. Mid June would be better, or September if you don't like crowds so much or spending more money.

Edited: 02 December 2017, 17:03
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Planning trip to Croatia in July

It should be very nice beach weather beginning of July. 10 days for 2 countries is not enough let alone just for Croatia IMO. You are not allowing time to really experience either one. Personally I would pick just one and enjoy your 10 days.

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
664 reviews
3. Re: Planning trip to Croatia in July

I agree with S S , I would spend 10 in either Croatia or Greece not both. You will lose a full day packing travelling and unpacking.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Planning trip to Croatia in July

I agree as well. No time for both. Be aware cruise ships inundate beautiful Dubrovnik in summer so choose your dates carefully if you choose Croatia.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
62,382 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Planning trip to Croatia in July

Also agree with picking one of those places!

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Planning trip to Croatia in July

There is typically direct flight service from Dubrovnik to Athens so if you plan it out well you could do half and half. But if you just stick to Dubrovnik you will miss a lot of great things around the country so it may be good to focus and see more of one country for this trip and come back and do the second country a different time.

Reply to: Planning trip to Croatia in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted