We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Custom international flight

9 posts
Save Topic
Custom international flight

I am looking at a round trip flight from USA to Split Croatia. Probable departure flights are USA to Paris, change airlines Delta to Transavia and airports from CDG to ORY, fly Paris to Croatia same day. Return flight looks like Croatia to Paris with overnight stay in Paris due to timing problem. Flight leaves Split and arrives Paris at ORY. Next morning leave Paris CDG for USA. Question (1) on departure flight will I need to go through baggage claim and customs in Paris because of change in airlines and airports? Question (2) on return flight will in need to go through Babbage claim and customs in Paris due to overnight stay? Question (3) How much time should I allow for check in at Paris?

6 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Custom international flight

1) Yes 2) Yes 3) International flights generally require 3 hours. Check that airline/airport website

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
14,305 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Custom international flight

1. If your flight is all on 1 ticket, then no. If your flights on 2 separate tickets, then yes, unless you are checked in by a very sympathetic person who will check all your luggage to your final destination. I have had it done once.

2. As per 1.

3. As for any other airport, couple hours.

Edited: 30 November 2017, 23:48
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Custom international flight

In principle you don't need to go through the baggage claim and customs if for both flights you are using the same airport, and if the airlines are all part of the same code sharing system - like Croatian Airlines (together with Slovenian Adria, Austrian Airlines, Swiss etc.) are a part of Lufthansa's Star Alliance

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
497 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Custom international flight

Check in times for international flights are 2 hours.

9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Custom international flight

Thanks all for your time and response

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Custom international flight

Try the Philadlephia to Venice flight nonstop and then Vueling or some similar name direct to Split, very cheap or take a catamaran to Rovinj or anywhere else in Istrian Croatia and then drive here. Also look into flights from Canada to Zagreb and then $50 to Split

Reply to: Custom international flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Split