We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filadelphia Coffee plantation

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Filadelphia Coffee plantation

How feasible is it to take a Tuk Tuk out to the plantation & back? We have limited time before we have to catch a shuttle for the airport, but would like to go out on our own. Has anyone done this shorten version of a trip to the plantation?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Filadelphia Coffee plantation

Finca Filadelfia has free shuttles, just check their website under tours. You can also take a taxi or tuk tuk, it is a short ride. But I don't know if I would go if I had no time for a tour. There are coffee tours at 9 am, 11 am and 2 pm and they take 2 hours.

You might look into a trip to Azotea in Jocotenango instead. They have museums (coffee, music...), a coffee plantation and a coffee tour, I believe. I have not been but you can take a bus, taxi or tuk tuk.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,725 posts
331 reviews
2. Re: Filadelphia Coffee plantation

I'd choose Azotea, also - in addition to the coffee place and a nice gift shop it houses the Maya Music Museum. Quite sure they still offer a free shuttle, too, or you could take a tuktuk or ride a colorful local bus (they gather behind the big market on the west side of Antigua).

Edited: 06 July 2018, 17:04
Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
705 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Filadelphia Coffee plantation

following

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Filadelphia Coffee plantation

Thanks! We did run up to Filadefia & touredaround a bit before heading to the airport. Next time we’ll have to try the other spot. Thanks for the suggestions!

Reply to: Filadelphia Coffee plantation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antigua