We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

Which Managua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

My husband and I will be come into Managua from Granada (Mercado Roberto Huembes) go to Matagalpa (Mercado Mayoreo) in the morning. We can take a taxis across town or take the bus; I believe the bus is 110. Does anyone have experience transferring between these stations?

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

If you want to Go to Managua to Huembes do not take the express Busses, You have to take the Yellow old Schoold Busses that Leave from The old Hospital 2 blocks North, (Very pictures way to go by the way, Slow but Pictures) end up at Roberto Huembes Market, Be carefull All the time there (Taxis in Managua has a red, white and red License plate with a sign on top and the ID of the driver in the inside of the front mirrow) before getting into the cab arrrange the price, can be from $8 to $12 dollars and take the license number, then to mayoreo get in the bus and on your way to Matagalpa.

Enjoy Nicaragua.

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

We have changed our plans. We will go to Managua on the express bus (45 minutes) and end up at UCA . HOW DO WE GET TO MERCADO MAYOREO FROM UCA? Can we take the 110 bus (ROUTE:Mercado Israel Lewities to Mercado Mayoreo)? Is a taxis ride $8 to $12 US dollars? I read that $4 to $6 across the city is average during the day?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

hello,

When I went to Nicaragua I took a taxi from UCA all the way to the airport and it cost me 120 cords alone in the taxi. To the Mercado Mayoreo, a fair price would be 50-60 cords per person, although they may try to charge you more. Just agree on the price before setting off. And Always inspect the taxi license plate (red border on the plate) Make a note of the license number, make sure it also matches the number on the side of the taxi, and be conspicuous about sending the license number to someone as a text message on your phone.

One look at the city buses in Managua and how crowded they are and you will not want anything to do with them (I am not talking about the intercity buses or the interlocales that go to the UCA, which aren't that bad) As a general rule, taxis will take you around most of Managua for 30 cords per person in the daytime on a shared basis. You will pay more if you want to be alone in the taxi,.

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

Thank you very much for your insights. Real experience from fellow independent travellers is precious. Thank you again.

We leave for Nicaragua this Saturday the 19th and will return to the US the 27th. On this tread, I will post our transportation experiences. In general: private taxis from Managua Airport to Granada ($40); touring with guide using public transportation in Granada; public minivan from Granada to Managua-taxis from UCA to Mayoreo-then public bus from Mayoreo Managua to Matagalpa; public minivan from Matagalpa to Leon ($3.00/pp 6:00am); private taxis from Leon to Managua Airport ($35).

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

$8 dollars or $12 from one spot to another in a cab Tell him No More people(No mas Personas) is better if you don´t want to be rob but if you want to pay less or going on Regular busses on a Big city, is up to you. I would like to see post FROM REAL TRAVELLERS that have used Regular busses in Managua.

ENJOY MANAGUA.

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

FIRST: Don't take a taxis between these bus stations because it simply takes too long. For four people, the private taxis from UCA Managua to Mercado Mayoreo was US$12.50. It would probably have been the same price for two.

SECOND: Here are some taxis and bus costs that we incurred while in Nicaragua. Costs switch between US dollars and Nicaragua cordobas – This isn’t relevant, it’s simply how I remembered.

Private taxis from Managua Airport to Granada B&B/Casa Silias -- US$40/TWO

Minivan from Granada to UCA Managua – US$4/pp

Private, licensed taxis (no more people) from UCA Managua to Mercado Mayoreo - US$12.50 (FOUR people with one stop in between)

Bus from Mayoreo to Matagalpa – C$20/pp

Taxis from Matagalpa bus station to La Buena Onda Hostel (with extra people) – C$10/pp

All day Tour with Matagalpa Tours (see Siteseeker’s review December 3, 2011) – US$45/pp but PLEASE TIP THEM

Express Bus from Matagalpa to Leon Bus Station – C$20/pp

Taxis from Leon Bus Station to Hostel, which is on other side of Leon – C$10/pp

All day Tour with Green Pathways Tours-Leon’s 3 Greatest (oops, I just realized I haven’t reviewed them yet but will give them an excellent) – US$55/pp but PLEASE TIP THEM

Bus to Ponylona Beach or Las Penitas Beach - C$10/pp

Leon City Bus outside Leon to city center - C$3/pp

Private taxis from Leon to Managua Airport -- US$60/TWO

7. Re: Bus station transfer Mercado Roberto Huembes to Mayoreo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:16