We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Nicaragua

San Pablo...
2 posts
Hotel in Nicaragua

Hello , I am 17 years old & im planning to go to nicaragua in the first weeks of August , does anyone know any hotel/hostel that doesn’t require a credit card and excepts cash . Preferably in Catarina/Masaya or Managua

12 replies to this topic
Umatilla, Florida
Level Contributor
573 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

Please read thru previous threads about the civil unrest that occurring in Nica right now. A lot of the unrest is centered in Masaya.

Managua, Nicaragua
10 posts
2. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

I would recommend avoid Managua and Masaya, the safe areas of the country right now are San Juan del Sur and the beaches around, also Ometepe Island there are plenty of hotels there and they take cash, since it's low season and also because of the civil unrest there are very few tourist so there's no problem if you don't make a reservation.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

Have you not read any articles about what's happening in Nicaragua?

Masaya is a war zone. Managua not a whole lot better on some days.

You should choose a different country. especially being only 17 years old.

San Pablo...
2 posts
4. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

I have family over their , of course I know . I was just asking

Edited: 07 July 2018, 19:48
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

if you really need to come the closest will be Granada, hard to go to Catarina and almost impossible to go further from the main plaza of Masaya to Monimbo.

Corona, California
3 posts
6. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

It’s not safe for you to travel to Nicaragua right now. Read the news.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
149 reviews
7. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

If you're looking for places to stay in Masaya, you aren't reading enough of the news from that area. Orteguista turbas have turned Masaya into a war zone. They are killing many young people--you would be a prime target in their eyes.

Nothing is worth risking your life.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

I agree. Ometepe is a better choice. Avoid the cities. I traveled to Ometepe from Liberia Costa Rica with no problem but I wouldn't go anywhere else in Nicaragua right now.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

You'd be best to stay in VRBO with safety precautions your first priority, preferably arranged by your family in the country. Not a hostel. And be sure you register with the US Embassy...and don't expect much help if you get into trouble as they are running a very light staff. having sent all non-essential and family members out of the country. Medical staff can hardly handle the over 1000 injured in the country, with many who have been shot...and these are students. Be careful. You also may not find things open that you'd like to see. .

Union City, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
54 reviews
10. Re: Hotel in Nicaragua

I've traveled throughout Central America, and with Nicaragua being less developed than the other countries, I'm pretty certain most if not all hotels/hostels would accept and actually prefer cash.

Usually credit cards are required to 'hold' the reservation but seems that there arent many tourists around so I don't think you'd have trouble finding a room.

Reply to: Hotel in Nicaragua
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Managua
Recent Conversations