We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

4 posts
2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

Hello!

I will be traveling to Russia next week, I'll be in St Petersburg for a month and another month in Moscow. I will see the main atractions but I was wondering what else could I do given the fact that I'll have plenty of time.

Also, I would like to know what are the must-see during the holiday season in both cities, like christmas markets and so on.

And last,what other cities for little over-the-weekend trips would you recommend to visit? Kazan for example is a good option.

Keep in mind that I wiil try to see as much as I can but also keep it affordable. (Is it possible? lol)

Thank you, Juliana.

6 replies to this topic
8 posts
1. Re: 2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

First question you should ask which visa you are planning to travel to Russia? if its a Tourist visa then it would be valid for only 30 days in most cases except if you are American !

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
247 reviews
2. Re: 2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

I hope travelling next week the OP does have all the papers in order.

Kazan sounds interesting, especially as you will see a different culture;

Moscow and Petersburg do not have much in common either.

You can try any Golden Ring town around Moscow, too. I am particularly fond of Kolomna - it's not on the Golden Ring and is not so well-known, they have their own Kremlin and very famous sweets :)))

4 posts
3. Re: 2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

I'm argentinian. We can stay up to 90 days without a visa.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
247 reviews
4. Re: 2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

Good gor you :))

Then you can take a trip all the way to Siberia - and back :)))

Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
5. Re: 2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

Have Sochi side kick, try skiing in Krasnaya Polyana :) It is the warmest region in Russia, even in mountains it is like -5C.

Moscow Oblast...
Level Contributor
382 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: 2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg

Vladimir is a very beautiful and easy to get to, it's rather close (only 2 hours from Moscow by train). The main attractions are very compact, so you don't need a hotel. And the prices are somewhat lower, than in Moscow.

Reply to: 2 month trip to Russia, moscow and st petersburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted