We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Air

Which Bucharest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine (Scotland)
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Blue Air

Hello,Hello,

I have booked flights from Bucharest to Timisoara this summer with Blue air. Has anyone on here had experience flying with them? I ask this as I have note received any confirmation with my flight details sent to my email address, however I have received a payment receipt (which does not include a booking reference number regarding the flights) I have sent an email to their email address advertised on their website but it bounced back saying their inbox was full. Can anyone supply information as to if this is the normal procedure with this airline and what I should do to receive the confirmation?

Thanks in advance

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
4,988 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Air

How did you book the tickets? Their website ( www.blueairweb.com/Carriage-Conditions/ , click on "Bookings" and read "Booking conditions") says that if you book online a confirmation code appears at the end of the transaction and that's it (obviously you should write that code down/print that page).

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Air

last week I booked a flight to Bucharest on monday with Blue Air. My problem was that I never got to a payment page, even though I chose and ticked the boxes for the flights in the second step of the procedure. I recieved several confirmations including booking number etc via email, but the sum was always zero...

I mailed them, but never any answer. Also some mails just bounced back. On the phone they said they only speak Romanian, but gave a number to an English speaking service. This one consisted simply though of an answering machine saying all info is on the web site, haha.

Finally I just ignored the first booking and did it all over again. The problem is if you go back one step and make any kind of changes during the 6 or so steps in the booking procedure, the flights you have chosen magically disappears! And the sum at the end is zero and you never get to pay the flight. After that one can find ones flight including booking number, but no way to pay it.

I had to do it very carefully 3 times, at the last try I got the payment page and paid. I now have a new booking and the flight is paid for. I have no idea what they plan to do with the other booking... I guess the system was tested by the people who made, not by any normal users. But normal users do make mistakes and want to go back and make changes etc. Their system should be more "forgiving", I almost gave up and was ready to book with someone else.

Your problem seems different though, if I understand it right you paid, but never got a booking number. If that is so I would be worried. My advice is to call the "Romanian" support number and talk to them even if you do not speak Romanian, insist on speaking English. One of my friends called them up during my booking struggle and they said, well, yes, we do speak some English, it is just the computer at the start who says we only speak Romanian....

Otherwise I have no experience flying with them, I guess they are like any other low-price airline. I wanted to fly with them now because they fly direct Malaga-Bucharest.

Irvine (Scotland)
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Air

Thank you very much for both your responses.

I managed to get in touch via an email address (not the one advertised on their website) and they responded almost instantly and confirmed my reservation. Very strange that an automated confirmation email is not generated at the time of booking though!

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Air

haha! I got as many confirmations by email as I wanted, but could not pay! Now it is ok though it seems for both of us. A friend of mine in Buc have a friend who works at the Blue Air company, he says the airline is perfectly ok, but imo they may look over their site n bookings etc?

Noroc!!!

London
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Air

I have also had a problem with the void booking. It simply goes away after a while, no worries about that.

Blue Air have changed their website at the end of last year with a lot of improvements, but with a lot of buggs. Most have been solved. I think it also depends on the browser one uses. For instance, the website appears to work better under Firefox.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Air

yes, the bugs on their site are slowly disappearing. I flew back and forth now Malaga - Bucharest and everything worked very well, had a great stay in Buc while the cloud was stopping air traffic, nothing wrong with the air line, all well and I can recommend flying with them.

7. Re: Blue Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Bucharest