We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

Hi. Please advise on how we can go to Radisson Blu Hotel from the airport by public transport? And how far is the stop where we get off from the hotel? Or is it advisable to get a taxi instead? Thank you.

9 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

You can take bus 783 and get off at Piata Romana station, which is about 10 minutes walk to the Radisson. It costs 8.6 lei(€2) for two rides.

If you have lots of luggage you could use Uber, Taxify (both start around 30 lei/€7) or order a taxi (35-40 lei) using the touchpads in the Arrivals terminal. Do not take any of the taxis waiting in front of the airport, most of them will rip you off.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

Thanks Alterme. If I order a taxi using the touchpads as suggested, where should we wait for the taxi and how much does it usually cost to get to my hotel? And do the drive take Euro cos we just stay for half a day in Bucharest before we take the river cruise? What about using Taxify? I have downloaded the app but don't have any experience using it. Please would you mind give me the procedure? And Euro is ok with Taxify? Thanks.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

The taxi should pick you up at the Arrivals terminal exit, past the ranks of rip off cabs. Pay attention to the taxi number, it will be written on the ticket you receive at the touchpad,

The trip to the Radisson should be 35-40 lei (€7.5 - €8.5). The driver might accept Euros but only at unfavorable exchange rate - expect €10 up.

Taxify works exactly the same as Uber, you can’t pay cash.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

Since I haven't used either Taxify or Uber before, is it better to use the taxi instead? And those specify taxi are reliable, right?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
592 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

No, I would still use Uber or Taxify especially as a foreign tourist and especially if you don't want to change money. Each app should explain how to use it, but basically (at least for Uber) what you need to do is simply add your credit/debit card as a payment method.

Then, when you are at the airport, you go into the app, you specify "Radisson Blu Hotel" as a destination and you make sure the departure point is set at "My location" or "Henri Coandă International Airport" and you click on "Order". It will arrive in a few minutes and you will need to wait for him outside the terminal, in the parking (you just need to cross the road and you are there).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

I was quoted 20 euro from a company i emailed, i wanted a meet and greet from a driver in arrivals and then to be dropped to the Old Concorde hotel in the old town, the distance of the journey is 18km i am told, going by the going rate of 1.50Lei a Km , the fare should come in at around 30Lei max, they are quoting nearly 3 times that amount

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

@babybo

The taxis you call using the touch-pads in the Arrivals terminal are reliable.

But as Vladimir said above, currently it's better to use Uber or Taxify rather than regular taxis (Uber/Taxify have better services and are less likely to overcharge you).

@mark697

Companies with meet-and-greet services have much higher fees than taxis, 20 euros is actually relatively reasonable for that (though you can find cheaper).

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

Thx all for your input. Will use Uber/taxify as suggested. :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel

Thanks alterme, i will use the touch -pads in arrivals, no logic in paying nearly 3 times the amount..

Reply to: From airport to Radisson Blu Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucharest