We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
125 reviews
from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

Hello to all Bucharest forum1

In may I will come back to Romania again and this time I will visit Brasov and the castles like Bran, Peles,etc...

I will land in OTP airport; I went on the Romanian railways site to look for the transfert from ther airport to Brasov.

There's written that I must take a bus to the other airport then a train to the Bucuresti Nord and from there a train to Brasov.

Are there other options (no taxi) to reach Bucuresti Nord from the OTP airport by public transport or I have to reach the other airport first of all?

7 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
1. Re: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

You can go from the airport to Bucuresti Nord train station with bus 780. Its schedule is available here: http://ratb.ro/pdf_statii/780/780_50.pdf

There are also minibuses from the airport directly to Brasov. Their schedules can be found on www.autogari.ro/Transport/Otopeni-Brasov…

P.S. The railway company CFR has a transfer bus from OTP/Otopeni airport to the nearest train station (P.O. Aeroport H; it's a train stop not another airport), from which there are trains to Bucuresti Nord. But this is slower than the 780 bus.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
125 reviews
2. Re: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

thank you alterme.

I'm choosing the hotel in Brasov, do you know if the train station and the bus station are in the same district in Brasov?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
3. Re: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

You should choose a hotel located inside the old town (it's the area between Sfatului square and Titulescu park), there's really no question about that.

There are several bus stations in Brasov; bus terminal 1 is located next to the train station, bus terminals 2 and 4 are in the north-western part of the city, bus terminal 3 is in the north-eastern part and there various other stopping points throughout the city (for instance the minibuses from Otopeni airport stop in the downtown).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

Hi All, is the train station in Bucharest near the old town? that is where i will be staying in July, can you walk to the train station from there?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
5. Re: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

Bucuresti Nord train station is about 30-40 minutes walk from the Old Town.

You can get to it with the metro, bus 123 or trolleybus 85.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

Thanks alterme.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord

Hi. You have more than 1 option for the train to Brasoc. The train ride is quite nice but the CFR is not that great. Last time the doors would not close and it was mid-winter and freezing.

I took on my way to Brasov (http://www.softrans.ro/). I think you can reserve the ticket online. Is is a new train with WIFI on board (works soso).

Depending on the time you have i would recommend renting a car though. Klasswagen is fairly cheap and they have good VAG cars. Be aware that you need additional insurance with this company for your car. Moreover the location is not in the airport, but they offer pick-up service.

Having a car to Brasov gives you the freedom to visit Rasnov, some church villages that are close (highly recommended) and on the way you could make a stop at Peles castle.

Reply to: from OTP airport to Bucuresti Nord
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucharest