I have made plans for the trip but I am afraid I might have overplanned a bit. We will be driving with rental car. Here is the schedule:
2nd day- we will drive the Transfagarasan and make few stops (Poenari castle, some waterfalls and Balea lake) and we will try to be in Turda before it is too late to check in. Is it even doable? When we have time, we can spend half an hour in Sibiu, but it is not mandatory.
3rd day- we will start at 9 AM with visiting Turda Salina and then we will drive through Sighisoara to Bran. Maybe we will make a stop in Brasov as well, but we can skip it if the timing gets too tight.
4th day- we will start by visiting Bran castle after it is open at 9AM and then we will drive to visit the Peles castle. After that we just have to get to the Mamaia Beach for the night and next morning we have a plane to catch at 9AM.
Basically we are not interested in drinking and partying. We do not want to spend too much time in towns etc., we would rather spend the time in nature.
Here are my questions, if anyone could only answer them all :)
1. Have I overplanned my days?
2. Is there something amazing worth of seeing on my route?
3. What does it mean if google maps says the roads are with limited or private use? (orange color). I mean I know what it means but does that mean it is impossible to drive there?
4. How long does it take to climb to Poenari castle and back?
5. Are there some roads which are better to avoid?
The route is- Constanta- Curtea de Arges-Cartisoara-Sibiu-Turda-Sighisoara-Brasov-Bran-Sinaia-Constanta.
P.S. English is not my first language so please be kind if I have made some mistakes :)