We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

We are looking to do a sailing holiday in Croatia (something more intimate and personal than most companies offer), and we have come across Med Sailing Holidays. Has anyone had any experience with them?

56 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

I know exactly what I'm talking about and you know it. You're gaslighting to protect your rubbish brand which I won't be advocating on this forum😎

Thanks though for the info about these companies that exploit people. I do indeed intend to investigate further. Calling your guests cheapskates in a roundabout way, given that you think they are unwilling or can't pay for the services of a worker on their cruise, but want to provide the service at the expense of someone who is desperate enough to work for a disorganised, unprofessional outift that lies to guests.

Didn't read the rest of this dumpster fire of a comment🙃Nice meltdown, btw.

Edited: 30 November 2017, 23:50
Save Reply
52. Re: Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

Now you're accusing us of manipulating you? wow.

No meltdown, but defending our position against your wild and unfounded accusations, which you've demonstrated again and again that you don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps you just love a good argument.

Again for the record, we have not directly or indirectly called our customers 'cheapskates' (these are your words) because we want to give them more value. We're a believer of offering more value than what is being paid for.

That's like accusing us of calling our guests 'cheapskates' because we welcome our guests with a bottle of prosecco on their sail away! We know our guests can afford a bottle of prosecco, but we like to make our guests feel welcome and go over and above what's expected.

Edited: 01 December 2017, 01:02
53. Re: Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 December 2017, 03:54

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
13,421 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

Why not just agree to disagree, as you 2 will never agree on this?

I don't think this is doing any good to Med Sailing

There is a saying in Croatian, ‘pametniji popušta’, which translates to ‘the smarter one given in. ‘ Give it some thought.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
762 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

I'm currently researching out first trip to Croatia and came across this post. While I have no real view on the legitimacy or otherwise of the various posts, I just wanted to flag that the operator is doing themselves no favours in engaging in arguments on this forum - you're coming across as both defensive and aggressive and I now have concerns about your business which I would not otherwise have had.

Im wondering why a business would invest so much in arguing these points on a forum - overly defensive suggests a nerve has been touched, some business practice or criticism you're over sensitive to (which makes me wonder what the issue is that you feel the need to defend yourself so outspokenly against what I would consider to be normal commentary that any business receives). The amount of effort that went into proving the legitimacy of the posters seems odd and would give me more doubt rather than less. Finally, and probably most importantly, this thread gives an indication of the attitude that a customer might face if they had any cause for complaint during or after a trip - and that in itself is enough to put me off.

Just a heads up - this thread is not casting you in a positive light.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?

The suggestion that people deserve to be paid for their work in a profit-making enterprise seems to make some people angry.

Besides that, if I was interested in a cruise I'd be looking for a well-established company, not some Johnny-Come-Lately that refuses to pay staff but hopes the guests will, just so they can a leg up. I would pay extra for this.

Reply to: Does anyone know Med Sailing Holidays?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted