We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

Hello,

Just creating an itinerary for our 3 week trip to Croatia this June. We only have enough time for 1 island. This would be our beach bum relaxation faze of our trip. If you had to choose between one of these islands, which would if be, and why?

Thanks!

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

You can t miss with either one so i will choose on depend where you will be before. If you will be in Dubrovnik go to Korcula and if you will be in Split go to Hvar.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

3 weeks in Croatia and you only have enough time for one island? Something's wrong with your trip IMO - the islands are fantastic to spend time on!!!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,261 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

Where else will you be in Croatia in those three weeks?

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

The plan is Rovinj, split, Dubrovnik, and one of the islands. We don't want to be rushing from place to place.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

You can cover Split in a day or less. Just see Diocletian's Palace and get to the islands. Unmissable.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

I would also change the itinerary to spend a week on the islands and visit both. If you had to choose I think Korcula is a more relaxed place and it has sandy beaches at Lumbarda.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
452 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

I have a related question. I will be in Croatia at the end of June, beginning of July and want to know if it is possibile to do a day trip to either Hvar or Korcula. My intinerary is 4 nights Dubrovnik (fly in from Chicago), 3 nights Split, ,3 nights Rovinj, 2 nights Zagreb (fly out to Chicago). The plan is to pick up a car in Dubrovnik to drive to Split, then Rovinj, then drop off in Zagreb.

I don't want to be constantly changing hotels but would like to get to one or both of these islands if possible.

Thanks.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

You can do a day trip to Korcula from Dubrovnik, but you will spend 6 hours travelling. You can do a day trip from Split to Hvar and the catamaran takes less than an hour. However, there is only one catamaran you can use as mostly the catamarans travel into Split in the morning and out to the islands in the afternoon/evening.

Placerville...
Level Contributor
97 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

We will be spending only 2 weeks in Croatia and our itinerary includes both Korcula and Hvar (two nights each place). This decision was based on reading forums and talking to my husband's boss, who is from the Croatia (well, it was Yugoslavia at the time)!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hvar or Korcula? Only have enough time for 1

1-1.5 week for Rovinj, Split, and Dubrovnik.....w/ a stop in Pula, day trips to Trogir/Zadar, and Plitvice or Krka.

1.5-2 weeks on the islands!! Pick a few....you won't regret!

Both Hvar and Korcula are amazing!!