We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$$$$

Chilliwack
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
$$$$

Can a couple do 2 weeks in Croatia for $5000.00 including flights and a rental car, but not having to stay in hostels?

Best Seller
Five Island Speedboat Tour Featuring...
208 Reviews
from US$116.90*
Best Seller
Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
444 Reviews
from US$32.10*
Best Seller
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
790 Reviews
from US$57.24*
9 replies to this topic
Chilliwack
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
1. Re: $$$$

Coming from Vancouver airport.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: $$$$

Self-cater and not in summer, most likely yes.

County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: $$$$

what country $$$$$ and flying from where?

Chilliwack
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
4. Re: $$$$

flying from Vancouver Canada and us dollars

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: $$$$

Outside of summer season (July/Aug) you can find self-catering apartments for less than 50EU p/n. Check booking.com for studios and AirBnb for rooms. For flights, check Skyscanner and expedia for routes. I've used expedia but not third- party websites such as kayak, e-dreams, etc. I just don't trust it. If it's too good to be true it usually is.

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: $$$$

And from one Vancouverite to another, don't use US $. CN to US you will lose and then lose again changing to Kuna. Exchange your CN$ there at a Bank/Post Office for best rate. We book our flights in January (beginning to mid) when the seat sales start. We have a great agent if you are interested you can private message me.

Edited: 02 December 2017, 21:11
Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
514 reviews
7. Re: $$$$

JoJo - booking.com and Kayak are all part of the Priceline Group! One you recommend and the other you wouldn't trust?

Prices in Croatia vary widely depending on where you stay. Dubrovnik and Hvar town are significantly more expensive than other parts of Croatia.

It would be easier if you took out the price of your flights. You can easily check out car hire prices online too.

Staying in one place for a week will cheaper than moving on every 2 days, as it would give you more apartment options. Work on €50-75 per night if travelling in peak season for an apartment.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: $$$$

@lbj17: I rarely trust internet companies, especially if they don't have a land address. There's no opportunity for recourse if something goes wrong. For flights, I almost always go to a travel agent. booking.com is also part of the Priceline group but you can communicate directly with owners. E-dreams is probably the worst internet company I have ever read about.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: $$$$

I even used expedia once, and that didn't go 100% smoothly either. It was worked out in the end, but enough to spook me. I use it only as a guide.

Reply to: $$$$
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted