We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which seat on plane - Christchurch, LAX

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which seat on plane - Christchurch, LAX

Trying to find the best seat for views from:

Nadi to Christchurch

Auckland to Nadi

Nadi to LAX

Thanks for your help!

Level Contributor
400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which seat on plane - Christchurch, LAX

I take it you want a best seat for views = window seat obviously. It really depends on the aircraft that is utilised on the day so not much of a help with the actual seat number .... I usually ask for front seat & window when I make my bookings with my travel agent.

With the Nadi-LAX ... the flight will be at night time close to 10pm if I am correct so, nothing much to see out of the window really at this hour until you land into LAX. Get a window seat definitely not over the wings (either in front or behind the wings preferred!).

The trick is to simply ask upon check-in as you can also find out if the flight is full or not, possibly of having a window seat that is not above the wing, aisle seat in the middle for some comfort if the flight is not full etc.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,400 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which seat on plane - Christchurch, LAX

Also check out seat guru https://www.seatguru.com I alway book my seat after booking my flight to ensure I get which seat I want.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which seat on plane - Christchurch, LAX

Not much to see, they fly so high. Just don't get a seat over the wing, generally those in front of the wing offer unobstructed views, so towards the front of the plane. Google the seating configuration for the type of plane you are flying on so you can pick a forward window seat.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
195 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which seat on plane - Christchurch, LAX

On our flight from Nadi to LAX, they made us close the sun shades the whole flight so you won't see anything anyway plus you are over the ocean 99% of the time.

I never sleep so I like to look out the window.

5. Re: Which seat on plane - Christchurch, LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2017, 06:16