We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 8 month old

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Travelling with 8 month old

Thinking of travelling to Fiji for the first time with our 8 month old son. Any tips and must knows? Also wondering if there are shops in town where I could purchase nappies etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

9 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,467 posts
282 reviews
1. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

Tegan,

They will definately have nappies in the major supermarkets but probably not the ones you have at home.

My suggestion just to relax would be to stay at one of the resorts near denarau Marina. A suggestion would be the terraces.

http://theterraces.com.fj/

Being on the mainland does allow for any issues that might come up and maybe come back again (not that far from Melbourne) when you son is older and go to the islands.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
327 reviews
2. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

Personally I wouldn’t travel too far with a baby that age however if I did, there’s nowhere better than Fiji. I would look for one of the great family resorts on the mainland that offers Nanny service so that parents can get a bit of time to relax and enjoy some activities on holiday too. The Radisson, Outrigger and Naviti are all excellent choices. I have found The Terraces a great option for a short stay in self-contained apartments but it’s not really a “resort” as such and has limited facilities.

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

Personally I would check with your GP before travelling to Fiji with your infant son.

Fiji is classified as a third world country.

At 8 months your son is not fully vaccinated against preventable illnesses.

We have been to Fiji 3 times in the last 3 years and my GP has recommended vaccinations prior to travelling....and we are adults.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

Have you gone yet? Any info you can provide. We have a 9 mth old and 2.5yo and have so many nappies, pouch food (which luckily he likes after trying some the other day) formula and stuff to take, but I’m sure an insight into good stuff to do would be good :) we go this week!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
5. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

I think grey traveller has an excellent option with The Terraces. We stayed in June this year and had zero complaints. The staff were fantastic and friendly and the 2 bed apartment was in excellent condition throughout. Overlooking the golf course with lush gardens was a great view. The kitchen is very well apponited with all utensils, crockery etc. It is just 2 mins easy stroll to the marina shopping precinct.

Waikerie, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

Hey I would bring my own nappies. They are expensive and not the brands you’d normally use. Same with baby food. If you need anything let me know I’m an Aussie travel agent living in Fiji. We also do tours and transfers with Australian car seats at no extra charge Fb.me/tavalefiji

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,467 posts
282 reviews
7. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

Post #6 denimw this forum is not for advertising and this is what you are doing. It has been reported.

Viti Levu, Fiji
2 posts
8. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

Bula Smiles Nanny Services has nannies that come to you!

https:/…

or email on bulasmilesnannyservicesfiji@gmail.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,467 posts
282 reviews
9. Re: Travelling with 8 month old

nicoleryan24 this looks like self promotion/advertising which is not allowed on these forums and has been reported.

Reply to: Travelling with 8 month old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nadi
Recent Conversations