We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

Wellington, New...
10 posts
7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

Hi there,

My partner and I are heading to Fiji for a 7 night stay before Christmas. We're staying in an apartment in Nadi and were wondering what the best way is to get around without using tours or taxi's. Is it possible to drive around the whole island in a day using a local bus, or are we completely mad in thinking such a thing?!

Any tips for local travel would be greatly received.

Many thanks in advance.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
298 reviews
1. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

On the right side of the opening forum page is some dot points one of which is about things to do in Nadi.

Start with that and see what floats your boat

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,115 posts
144 reviews
2. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

You can drive by car around the island by car but alliw at least 2 days for comfort. Bus woould be a very slow trip.

Wellington, New...
10 posts
3. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

Thanks for your comment. I've already earmarked a few things that we would like to do - it's more the travelling around that doesn't seem to have much mention anywhere, apart from organised tours.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

Hi, if you hire a car it takes around 3 hours to get to Suva. There are places to see along the coast such as the Sigatoka sand dunes and Kula eco park. The trip will be slow mostly one lane. If you drive towards Lautoka you can visit the Garden of the Sleeping Giant , Sabeto mud baths and continue to Vuda marina for lunch. Or if youd like to hire a driver you can private message me.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
298 reviews
5. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

That is really good advise Blaze but can I add just one thing. If you do decide to hire a car make sure it is from a reputable company like Hertz, Avis and the like. We've all read horror stories about people hiring from Joe El Cheapo and ending up with no end of troubles.

Good luck

Fiji
Level Contributor
532 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

Bula,

Yes you can hire a car. be careful as the driving can be erratic. some cars fast. some slow. A hire car will be essential for you. The coral coast is 1.5-2 hours drive from Nadi. Or try Yatola.. fantastic beach and a great lunch. This is around 45 minutes from Nadi. The Nadi markets are worth a visit as is the garden of the sleeping giant.

Vinaka,

Jason

Six Senses Fiji

Fiji
Level Contributor
532 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

PS If you drink spirits, do bring in your own from Duty Free.

8. Re: 7 days in Nadi - any advice for a first-timer to Fiji....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2017, 05:16