We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

montevideo middle schools--public or private

San Francisco...
1 post
montevideo middle schools--public or private

I would like to enroll my 13 year old / 8th grader in a Montevideo school for one month in November. Preferably in the Parque Rodo area. She is fluent in Spanish, and a US citizen. I've read that education is open to any resident regardless of nationality. Has anyone experience with a short foreign exchange program? or know of a school that might be interested in an exchange? It seems established programs are for high school age and longer duration--so maybe I need to find something out of the box. Main reason is for her to be able to use her Spanish "in country", being immersed in the Spanish language, at school and with a host family, and taking in cultural aspects of the city. thank you!

1 reply
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,259 posts
288 reviews
1. Re: montevideo middle schools--public or private

This is travel forum. Although possible, it's unlikely you'll get the information you want. Let me suggest you look for a group of expats in Montevideo in Facebook. Or maybe contact an organization like Youth for Understanding https:/…uruguay-37.php

Reply to: montevideo middle schools--public or private
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted