We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shared van from airport to Montevideo - cost & pre-booking

California
Level Contributor
297 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Shared van from airport to Montevideo - cost & pre-booking

I'm trying to look for information regarding shared van from MVD to Montevideo and the link provided doesn't seem to work. I'd just like to know the approximate cost/pp to Puerto Mercado Hotel (close to the pier) and whether pre-booking is necessary. A lot of booking sites require local phone number for reservation (which we dont have), so we're wondering if we can just show up and take the van. How long do you usually have to wait before each van leaves?

Thanks a lot!

14 replies to this topic
Landisville...
Level Contributor
508 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shared van from airport to Montevideo - cost & pre-booking

Thank you also. Anyone know about B & B Remises for airport transfers??

toronto
Level Contributor
118 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shared van from airport to Montevideo - cost & pre-booking

1400 pesos from MVD airport to Pocitos area? Wow, that's quite the price? Is there a cheaper option? Uber? Shared van?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,881 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shared van from airport to Montevideo - cost & pre-booking

It is very expensive. Yes, you can call an Uber, or you can take the shared rides (same website run by the taxi company). They seem to be also offering a shared cab option now, which is coming up to $450 pesos for 1 person from MVD to Pocitos taxisaeropuerto.com/index.html#features1-16

I tried taking the shared van when I arrived last October but you have to wait until they have enough passengers, and they can't tell you how long that'll be. I was exhausted after flying all night, so I ended up taking a cab.

Edited: 27 May 2018, 16:54
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shared van from airport to Montevideo - cost & pre-booking

Use Uber!

My wife and our eight month old daughter spent under 2 weeks and had a great time. Read about our experience so you can prepare for your trip. What an amazing and safe country.

https://travelneverends.co/blog/the-underrat…

Reply to: Shared van from airport to Montevideo - cost & pre-booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montevideo