We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu - Mountain Entrance Times

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu - Mountain Entrance Times

Hello: I saw that they have options to do Machu Picchu + Montana (or Machu Picchu + Waynapicchu) but the tickets are for entry for certain times (b/t 8-9am or 9-10am). Does anyone know how strict they are with these times? Example, if the bus line ends up being quite long and I reach entrance of the mountain 30 minutes late, will they not allow me to go in? Any feedback you have is greatly appreciated - thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
5,166 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu - Mountain Entrance Times

I believe those times for hiking up the mountains are quite strict. 9 to 10 am really means not earlier than 9 and not later than 10.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Machu Picchu - Mountain Entrance Times

Those are the times you have to enter the hike and they are extremely strict. Don't expect a lot of leeway if you show up late.

You can enter MP site any time during the morning. The time slot is only for starting the Huayana Picchu or MP Mountain hike.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Machu Picchu - Mountain Entrance Times

One more confirmation, the start times for the mountain hikes are strict, you best bet is to enter Machu Picchu earlier than needed, then plan to get to the mountain check point at the start of the entry time.

Reply to: Machu Picchu - Mountain Entrance Times
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted