We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Been trying to get on for a few days with no luck. Is the site down?

20 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
13 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Wait, so are you telling me that if I haven't bought tickets for MP yet for my planned trip in December, it's unlikely to happen?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

redsxgrl5,

The official page to buy tickets should be up & running on Monday October 23rd (according to the message I received).

So, you should have no problems to secure Machu Picchu Tickets for December then.

New York City, New...
13 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Thanks, Pa010.

I can breathe now.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Official website to get Machu Picchu tickets is up & running as of this morning 10/22.

http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Site is back up but it won't proceed past the Eticket phase for me!!

Galway, Ireland
12 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

I'm having the same issue here as well I have my reservation number but when I go into pay I see that my details are there press enter and get this error message up "Eticket no encontrado" which means Eticket not found anyone any ideas have tried a few times but keep getting this error message it looks like they have the booking?

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
43 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Still not able to purchase tickets for 2018 visits.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

I am facing the same issue. Bought tickets for afternoon on 12 Dec a couple of weeks ago and had no issue.

However i have been trying to purchase morning tickets for 13 Dec since yesterday but to no avail. I managed to do the entire booking but am not able to pay as I receive the same error - "Eticket no encontrado"

Edited: 24 October 2017, 08:04
Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Yep same"Eticket no encontrado". Looks im going to buy mine at  Aguas Calientes.

Galway, Ireland
12 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?

Guys I've just gotten through the whole process a few minutes ago and finally bought the tickets! Went through all stages in Spanish - I'm not sure if this is the trick but I went in made the reservation then waited 5 full minutes to pay for it, it looks like the system recognized my booking I'm thinking it takes a few minutes for it to register so do everything slowly as in leave a few minutes between each stage so that it registers, the site seems to be much faster than other days that I've been on. Also the verIfied by visa bit comes up when you are paying a code is sent to your mobile phone that you need to enter to complete your payment.

Reply to: Machu Picchu Government Site for Tickets Down?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted