We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English Catholic Mass Christmas

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
English Catholic Mass Christmas

My family is arriving late in the evening on December 24th to Lima. Will be staying at the JW Marriott on christmas. I understand that Santa María Chapel Ovalo Gutiérrez, Miraflores has a Catholic Mass in English every Sunday at 9:30a.m. Does anyone know if that will be the same for Christmas day mass? Also what will be open that day for us to do?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,384 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

I have just checked their web page and I do not see Holy Mass in English.I personally seriously doubt they have a Mass in English language at all.They do have american priests but mass is celebrated in Spanish.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

I found this on the web. It syas that there is an english mass each week. Can anyone confirm this.

www.limaeasy.com/culture/parishes_lima.php

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

I will phone them tomorrow to reconfirm the Sunday's Services in English and will let you know.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

I spoke with a nice lady from Santa Maria Church.

She reconfirms that English Mass is held each Sunday 09:30am

Probably on Dec 24th there will also be a morning mass but will need to reconfirm it on December.

Parroquia Santa María Reina

Av. Conquistadores 1293, SAN ISIDRO Telf. 442-4328

Hope this helps you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

Thank you so much for your help. Actually we will be looking to go to the Christmas mass on sunday at 9:30am (not saturday) and perhaps I will follow up with you in December - I will update this question on the forum to remind you and if you could call the church and reconfirm the mass on sunday that would be great. Is the church close to either the Hotel Runcu or the Marriott (walking distance?)?

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

The lady mentioned that the mass could be also held Sat 24th....and Sun 25th... yes please remind me so I can phone them.

Walking distance, probably a 30 minutes walk or maybe a little more, if you like to walk it would be nice one.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

FalcoG - can you please call the church and confirm if and when the english christmas mass will be held?

thanks

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

Sure, afternoon office hours begin at 3pm, it is now 2:13pm, will inform you asap.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

I phoned them at 3pm but did not have any news.

Just phoned them and told me that on Dec 24th from 5pm to 7pm there was going to be an English Mass.

I asked for the Dec 25th morning mass and she said that as far as she knew there was not going to be an English Mass on Dec 25th...

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,384 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: English Catholic Mass Christmas

The church close to the Marriot is called Virgen de Fatima and only about 3 blocks away.

I am very surprised about the information concerning the English mass.

Maybe at the small chapel inside the school, but I still doubt they have a mass in English at the big church.