We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

By Road from Lima to Paracas

sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
By Road from Lima to Paracas

Hi all. We fly to Lima tonight and on Tues morning we are to take a coach from Lima to Paracas as we are doing Nazca Lines flights and Ballestas Islands before returning to Lima by road Wednesday afternoon for our onward flight to Arequipa.

Just wondering if the road to Paracas is open or affected by the flooding.

Thanks in advance for your info.

7 replies to this topic
Brisbane
Level Contributor
114 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: By Road from Lima to Paracas

We fly out next week and had planned to travel by coach to Paracas too. The Cruz Del Sur website had nothing definitive when I last checked. The travel agent we booked with in Peru has said the road is open but much slower. Would you please be able to post how you get on.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: By Road from Lima to Paracas

I would love to hear from both of you how this trip goes. I would really like to try the gorgeous Hotel Paracas for 3 or 4 nights, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of getting there. Renting a car is NOT an option! lol

sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: By Road from Lima to Paracas

Well Ki can report the trip was fine. We left Lima at 7am and arrived here in Paracas at 10.30 a.m.

Great road, follows the coast. A bit of traffic obviously getting out of Lima but after that no hold ups at all.

I would absolutely recommend keeping your cameras handy as we found the landscape fascinating.

Enjoy your journeys !

Brisbane
Level Contributor
114 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: By Road from Lima to Paracas

Thanks so much jen138 :)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: By Road from Lima to Paracas

Thank you, that's very reassuring!

Kingston
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: By Road from Lima to Paracas

How did you travel to Paracas? And how much was it?

sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: By Road from Lima to Paracas

Crux del sir coach. Can't tell you how much, sorry. We have an independent tour packaged specifically for us so don't have individual priced. Pretty sure you can find prices on their site.

Reply to: By Road from Lima to Paracas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lima
Recent Conversations