We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fine Dining in Lima

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Fine Dining in Lima

I will be in Lima for four nights with my wife as part of a two week trip to Peru in late May. We live near NYC and have dined at many famous restaurants there and around the world (i.e. Eleven Madison Park). We definitely plan to have dinner one night at Central. I'm on the fence about Maido and A&G. I love a good meal but I'm not sure I want to spend $300+ on dinner every night. Are these restaurants an absolute "must" for foodies? Are there any other places I should be considering?

3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fine Dining in Lima

I've eaten at Astrid y Gaston in Mexico City and Lima. While it was an interesting experience, I cannot say I enjoyed every bite. Lima has lots of world-class restaurants that are just as good as those in Europe, the USA and Asia. And for much cheaper.

Take the time to read some reviews and peruse the websites. Each has its own signature and highlights. My choice is:

Maido - for Nikkei tasting menus and fantastic sushi (I try to go for 2 meals, 1 of each)

I K - for Peruvian fusion, inspired by Barcelona's Ferran and Albert Adria

Central - for Peruvian fusion, inspired by ingredients from Peru's terroir (every bite was delicious and memorable)

Cebicheria La Mar - not really fine dining as it's open only at lunch and the specialty is cebiche BUT easily the best cebiche you'll find

There are lots of less-fine bites that are worth your time too:

La Lucha Sangucheria

Panchita

La Tia Grimanesa

Barra Khuda

Isolina

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fine Dining in Lima

Amaz was one of my favorites in Lima. Food straight from the Amazon!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,640 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fine Dining in Lima

Unless you plan to drink very expensive wine with your meals, your budget is ample.

Read these : https:/…Peruvian.Gastronomy.html. And this

https:/…Dining.Overview.html

Start making reservations now to be able to go to the bestrestaurants

Enjoy

Edited: 29 March 2017, 12:09
Reply to: Fine Dining in Lima
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted