We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Mamaconda or Casa Hacienda Los Ficus?

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Hacienda Mamaconda or Casa Hacienda Los Ficus?

Interested in going to Paso Horse Show. Hacienda Mamaconda offers the show & buffet lunch on Sundays. It's outside of Lima-maybe 30-45 minute drive. Transportation is not included unless you book with a tour for several $$$$ more than if you DIY. If you DIY the show & lunch is around $45 pp. The tour which also includes a stop at Pachacamac ruins is around $149 pp. Can you get a car/driver to take you there and back? Or would the expense not be worth it? The Casa Hacienda Los Ficus offers the horse show and meal with transport included for $85 pp. Maybe that is the better option??

What do you think? I haven't a clue as to costs of transportation or even if you could get a cr/driver to do this. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda Mamaconda or Casa Hacienda Los Ficus?

If you are also visiting Cusco, you can skip Pachacamac as you will have had enough visits to Inca ruins.

I would recommend Casa Hacienda

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda Mamaconda or Casa Hacienda Los Ficus?

Thanks for the advice. I agree, that we really are not into seeing the Pachacamac ruins. I've been in touch with our hotel in Lima (Casa Andina Private Collection) and just waiting to hear back from them. Right now, the easiest option is to book the show with Casa Hacienda Los Ficus as they can provide transport.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda Mamaconda or Casa Hacienda Los Ficus?

Heard back from the concierge at our hotel. They can arrange a private car or book us a tour with a guide which includes the Pachacamac ruins. The prices quoted were very reasonable.

It all comes down to dates that are available. Whichever way we decide I am very pleased that our booked hotel is going to be able to arrange this for us.

Reply to: Hacienda Mamaconda or Casa Hacienda Los Ficus?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lima
Recent Conversations