We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DInner For One, Lima

new york
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
DInner For One, Lima

Do any of the fine dining restaurants in Lima serve meals at the bar? Are there gastropubs?

I enjoy a great restaurant but a solitary table Isn't the best experience!

Suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DInner For One, Lima

Maido and Central both have nice bars at which you can enjoy a good cocktail and an excellent dinner. Maido's is really the sushi bar so you must reserve and do it asap. So hard to get a booking.

Astrid y Gaston's new digs in Casa Moreyra also house their more casual restaurant with a bar, I believe. However, this is located in San Isidro which will require a taxi ride from Miraflores.

new york
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DInner For One, Lima

Thank you Gigis_mum,

I knew I could count on you!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,483 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DInner For One, Lima

La Gloria and Rafael also have great bars with food

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DInner For One, Lima

As a solo traveler with limited time in Lima, I took the evening tour with Lima Gourmet Company. We went to 4 restaurants in Miraflores and Barranco for pisco, appetizers, main, and desserts. Transportation was included. Tour members and our guide were all good company, the food was delicious, and I really enjoyed walking in to a good table in great surroundings.

I did a ceviche lunch then a dinner at the Larco museum before my night flight departure and felt I got a good sampling of some great Lima food.

new york
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DInner For One, Lima

Thanks All!

6. Re: DInner For One, Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2017, 23:05

new york
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DInner For One, Lima

The March 19 response to this post that was deleted contained a link to a very informative guide w/photographs of Peruvian cuisine. Not sure why it was deemed "inappropriate".

If whomever posted that response could PM me with that link I would appreciate it.

As a non Spanish speaker I was planning to use the guide as reference while in restaurants in Peru.

Reply to: DInner For One, Lima
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted