We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DInner For One, Lima

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
DInner For One, Lima

Do any of the fine dining restaurants in Lima serve meals at the bar? Are there gastropubs?

I enjoy a great restaurant but a solitary table Isn't the best experience!

Suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DInner For One, Lima

Maido and Central both have nice bars at which you can enjoy a good cocktail and an excellent dinner. Maido's is really the sushi bar so you must reserve and do it asap. So hard to get a booking.

Astrid y Gaston's new digs in Casa Moreyra also house their more casual restaurant with a bar, I believe. However, this is located in San Isidro which will require a taxi ride from Miraflores.

Mentioned in this post
Maido
Maido
2,989 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Central Restaurante
Central Restaurante
2,766 Reviews
Lima, Peru
San Isidro
San Isidro
974 Reviews
Lima, Peru
new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DInner For One, Lima

Thank you Gigis_mum,

I knew I could count on you!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,731 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DInner For One, Lima

La Gloria and Rafael also have great bars with food

Mentioned in this post
La Gloria
La Gloria
546 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Rafael
Rafael
1,319 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DInner For One, Lima

As a solo traveler with limited time in Lima, I took the evening tour with Lima Gourmet Company. We went to 4 restaurants in Miraflores and Barranco for pisco, appetizers, main, and desserts. Transportation was included. Tour members and our guide were all good company, the food was delicious, and I really enjoyed walking in to a good table in great surroundings.

I did a ceviche lunch then a dinner at the Larco museum before my night flight departure and felt I got a good sampling of some great Lima food.

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
The Lima Gourmet Company
The Lima Gourmet Company
1,216 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Miraflores
Miraflores
13,187 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Barranco
Barranco
5,819 Reviews
Lima, Peru
new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DInner For One, Lima

Thanks All!

6. Re: DInner For One, Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2017, 23:05
new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DInner For One, Lima

The March 19 response to this post that was deleted contained a link to a very informative guide w/photographs of Peruvian cuisine. Not sure why it was deemed "inappropriate".

If whomever posted that response could PM me with that link I would appreciate it.

As a non Spanish speaker I was planning to use the guide as reference while in restaurants in Peru.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
8. Re: DInner For One, Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2018, 05:16