We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kicker Rock (aka Leon Dormido)

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Kicker Rock (aka Leon Dormido)

Hello all,

My 13 year old daughter and I are excited to be going to the Galapagos for the first time on Ecoventura's itinerary B (western/northern) cruise in late March of 2017. We begin and end the cruise on San Cristobal.

I really wanted to snorkel at Kicker Rock (not on the cruise itinerary) so I was considering adding an extra day on San Cristobal, either before or after the cruise, and taking a day tour to Kicker Rock. Anyone have any thoughts regarding this? Would this be worth the added cost and time, or is there really nothing new I would see at Kicker Rock that I didn't already see on the Ecoventura cruise? Also, I have not been having any luck on the internet finding a good half day tour to Kicker Rock from San Cristobal. Anyone have suggestions of where I might find and book a good tour to Kicker Rock? Thank you very much!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Kicker Rock (aka Leon Dormido)

Dear Bearcub,

why not? I would recommend you start your trip with the visit to Kicker Rock - after 7 days on the cruise, having snorkeled in many other places, the awe and wonder of it all will have worn off a bit I think. As for organizing a day trip there - I'm sure you'll find someone to do it for you. Keep on looking.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Level Contributor
173 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Kicker Rock (aka Leon Dormido)

Hello, well kicker rock is amazing!! You really should go!!!

I took a day trip, it cost $80 and I had a lot of fun.

My tour included swimming with sharks, then we had a lunch and then snorkeling in another beach, the places were amazing and was a great experience.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
359 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Kicker Rock (aka Leon Dormido)

Hello,

I suggest to take a day trip in the malecon at San Cristobal, there are many travel agency. The tour begins at 8:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm

You can take this excursion after your cruise.

Regards,

Karla

Montanita, Ecuador
Level Contributor
59 posts
4. Re: Kicker Rock (aka Leon Dormido)

I would have to agree with Heather, if you could start with Kicker Rock that will just start your Galapagos trip in amazement.

5. Re: Kicker Rock (aka Leon Dormido)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands