We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operators and suggestions please........

Kansas City
Level Contributor
15 posts
Tour operators and suggestions please........

My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this summer. We are pretty active people, ages 32 and 30 and would like to plan a trip to Machu Picchu, Puno and the Galapagos Islands. We would like to do the following activities.......

1. 4 day/3 night Classic Inca camping trek to Machu Picchu. This must include porter fees, tents, meals. We could do a small group trek or a private trek depending on cost.

2. We would like to also go to Lake Titicaca and do a 2 day/1 night cultural exchange with home stay (Uros-Amantani-Taquile). We want to see the reeds and stay with a family. Either with Edgar Adventures or All Ways? Unless you know of something that would be better for us.

www.edgaradventures.com/amantani001.html

titicacaperu.com/cultural_amantani_uros_and_…

3. Approximately 5 day small/medium size boat cruise to the Galapagos Islands. Islands we are particularly interested in exploring are Santa Cruz, including the Darwin Research Center, San Cristobal Island, Espanola and Isabela and any other islands that have incredible wildlife. We would like to go snorkeling and kayaking if possible. We want to see as much as possible, especially sea lions, sea turtles, blue footed boobies, manta rays and other nature.

We are interested in traveling around June 20th - and returning July 6th, 2013, though are dates are flexible from June 19-July 25. We will be traveling to and from Kansas City in USA. We are hoping to spend $6,000-$8,500 for the two of us (not including flights from the USA). We know that these dates are coming up quickly and would like to book something very soon. We plan for this to be a trip, not a relaxing vacation, so fancy accommodations are not necessary. Does anyone know of any reliable tour operators?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,344 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Tour operators and suggestions please........

I responded to your earlier post; did you not see it?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Tour operators and suggestions please........

sorry I am new to tripadvisor. I did not see it nor do I know how to find it.....

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,344 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Tour operators and suggestions please........

There are a couple of ways to find it:

1. Scroll through the list of threads until you see your subject heading; it's probably on page 2 by now.

2. Click on your screen name and you'll see a list of forum posts you have made. Then click on the relevant subject.

London, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Tour operators and suggestions please........

I am currently dealing with Eva from Happy Gringo, I think they can organise everything you mention. Happy Gringo gets good reviews if you search for it, and Eva has been great so far, she responds to my emails within minutes! I also have a friend who used G Adventures for a trip to Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca, she had a fabulous time. They do Galapagos cruises too. Hope this helps!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
76 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Tour operators and suggestions please........

I'd tell you to look into the M/V Santa Cruz (larger ship but really it has no affect on your experience and provides more comfort). We booked it through Safari Ecuador and had a great experience

Middelburg, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: Tour operators and suggestions please........

ecole travel Ecuador is very good!

Edited: 28 February 2013, 21:52
7. Re: Tour operators and suggestions please........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands