We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

We are in our 60's, but in good physical shape. WE are looking for a Galapagos cruise with as much luxury as possible and would like the experience of an intimate group. Can't find much info on accommodations, food or "must see" stops on the itinerary. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

I don't know anything about this boat, but I looked up its Web site. Are you considering a 7-night cruise or can you do all 14 nights? (how delicious that would be...) If you're considering a 7-night cruise, which itinerary are you most interested in? This boat puts Isabela & Fernandina on one itinerary, and Genovesa & Española on the other--so you'll have to choose which split of those 4 spectacular islands you'd most like to visit. When would you be traveling? If it's between ~mid-Dec. and mid-April, the stunning Waved Albatross won't likely be found on Española, which might make that a bit less desirable. It's still a lovely island though, even without those amazing birds. But if you have to make a choice...

If you haven't already found it, you can find some general suggestions about things to consider when choosing a cruise on my trip report blog--suggestions gathered not just from our experiences but also from other travelers, many of whom post here on TA. Links to the most popular pages can be found under the header photo of the Giant Tortoise.

Tina

trip report at http://galapagos2009.wordpress.com/

Tucson, AZ
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

I went on the Integrity in 2006, and I would say it fits your desires perfectly. It was luxurious and intimate without feeling crowded. Our group was varied and interesting. We had an outstanding guide, Richard Polatty, who made the trip for me. The food was very good, the crew attentive, and their attention to safety reassuring. We did a lot of snorkeling, almost every day, and were so busy I had no trouble sleeping at night. The stabilizers helped with that, too.

I'm sure you can find the Integrity on the web easily--I just did! (Search on "Integrity galapagos yacht" Some video links to YouTube, too) . We booked through INCA and thought they were wonderful.

The itinerary I went on was different. There are now two itineraries, one focusing on the Eastern Islands, the other the Western ones. My "must see" sites are (in no order) Punta Suarez (during Albatross season), Genovesa Island, Fernandina, Punta Vincente Roca snorkeling, James Bay/Puerto Egas, Champion snorkeling, Plazas, and I could go on! I guess I just want to go back!

Try calling the companies/yachts in which you are interested and see if they know the differences between their itineraries.

-Lulu

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

Dear RT/DT,

INCA floats has been around for a long time and have a great reputation. Thumbs up for the Integrity.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

thank you so much for the information on the yacht Integrity. It looked great to me too!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

Thank you so much for your informational post. It confirms the impressions I had from my reading on the yacht Integrity. Thanks again.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Intregrity, but from my understanding the newest and most luxurious boats in the Galapagos are the Cormorant and Ocean Spray, who are owned and operated by Haugan Cruises. They are both spacious catamarans that have capacity for 16 passengers, private balconies, and according to reviews I've read on trip advisor, great food. Also I was looking at the itineraries, and they seem to be quite good, allowing you to experience far away locations. I think Isabela is a must-see as well as Fernandina, and if you thinking about going from May - December, then try to choose an itinerary with Española so you can see the Albatross, there are only 12,000 in the world! Good luck choosing!

7. Re: Does anyone know anything about the yacht "Integrity"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:15