We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

Hastings, Michigan
2 posts
Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

I'm looking at booking a 5 day cruise on Aida Maria, anyone cruise on this boat lately? Looking for any information anyone can share.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

Dear Sarah,

the Aida is one of the few remaining family owned and family operated ships in Galapagos. It has been in the business for many years and is a robust ship, well run and operated. It's not a luxury ship, but it provides decent value for money.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

Hi Heather

Would you still recommend the Aida Maria? How does this compare to the Archipell II?

Thanks!

Hastings, Michigan
2 posts
3. Re: Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

Just an update - we booked the Aida Maria in March for our vacation, and it was wonderful. Heather was correct that it was not a luxury ship, but it was excellent and the crew was wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone looking at staying on a smaller ship. We had 16 people on board and really got to know each other over the week. I've talked to people who booked a larger ship and while they may have had entertainment and such, I think that takes away from the joys of the islands. Would go back anyday.

Thanks

Sarah

Los Angeles...
1 post
1 review
4. Re: Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

Was sea sickness an issue because of the small boat?

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

My sister took the samba boat in the end and sickness was not a problem and she was very happy. Good luck.

6. Re: Aida Maria - Galapagos Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 13:17