We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van/Shuttle from Quito to Lago Agrio

Atlanta
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Van/Shuttle from Quito to Lago Agrio

We need to travel from Quito to Lago Agrio for an Amazon excursion and the lodge we selected doesn’t offer private van/shuttle transportation from Quito. We’ve seen other lodges that offer it at $40 round trip, so I’m guessing there are some companies we could contact. Does anyone know the name of any of those companies? I’ve searched the forums under Ecuador, Cubayeno, Quito and Mariscal to no avail. We know there are other options (flying/public bus), but would appreciate feedback on the names of van/shuttle companies.

Santitour
Mass Transportation Systems
Go 4 Shuttle
Sightseeing Tours
4 replies to this topic
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
813 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Van/Shuttle from Quito to Lago Agrio

I've booked the van through Sabine at TravelJCE, http://www.traveljce.com/ but we booked the lodge through them as well (it was actually cheaper than booking direct). However, the public bus was way more comfortable, and I wouldn't bother with a van again.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: Van/Shuttle from Quito to Lago Agrio

HLJHLJ,

I was surprised to read your reply. Why is the bus more comfortable? Do the seats recline? Working bathroom onboard? Doesn't the bus take longer?

I'm caught in the common dilemma of scrambling for transport at the 11th hour, very last minute, when Tame cancels our flight or enduring an 8 hr bus ride overnight! Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place! So too had been considering a private van shuttle.

Your advise on why bus is better would be much appreciated.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
813 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Van/Shuttle from Quito to Lago Agrio

It's a minibus. There are more people squashed into a smaller space. The seats are smaller, and they don't recline. There's less leg room. There's no bathroom. The overnight buses don't stop much, so there's very little difference in the time.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Van/Shuttle from Quito to Lago Agrio

oh, a huge difference. Thank you.

Reply to: Van/Shuttle from Quito to Lago Agrio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted