We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature/village tours - advice

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
Nature/village tours - advice

Hi, I’m in Quito for 5 days and I’m debating on taking a day trip to Mindo or another of the recommended. I’m not a huge nature traveler and I don’t care to do a lot of hiking. But I’d like to see some greenery. Something really unique than what I might see in the states. Does Quito itself have such places? Or would you recommend going out of town? I love going to little, remote villages and talking with locals. I’m solo so a group could be fun. Any suggestions?

3 replies to this topic
Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
147 reviews
1. Re: Nature/village tours - advice

Maybe have a look at Pululahua Geobotanical Reserve. Plenty of green to be had there and it is much closer in than Mindo. Very close to Mitad del Mundo too.

Or perhaps a ride up the Teleferico? Lots of green up at the top and you can hike around a bit

Edited: 01 September 2018, 23:45
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,273 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Nature/village tours - advice

I agree, Pululahua would be a good choice for greenery and culture. I suggest arranging a one- or two-night stay there; the clouds rolling into the crater in the late afternoon, and then receding the next morning, is magical.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Nature/village tours - advice

Thank you for this! I will check it out.

Reply to: Nature/village tours - advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted