We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer to Quito Marriott Hotel ??

Orange, California
Level Contributor
381 posts
18 reviews
transfer to Quito Marriott Hotel ??

We will be arriving around noon, before a cruise and staying at the JW Marriott Hotel in Quito for 2 nights.

The cruise company charges $99. per person for a transfer from the airport to the hotel. ($108. for 2 of us). This seems very high. On the other hand, it would be nice to pre pay on a credit card since we won't have (or need) local currency and they will handle our luggage.

Apparently, this hotel is a bit of a drive from the airport. I'm hoping for suggestions of a company that may charge less and will accept credit cards (if possible). I do like the idea of someone meeting us when we arrive and helping with our luggage. I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you !

4 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: transfer to Quito Marriott Hotel ??

The "local currency" is USD, which you no doubt have plenty of. A registered cab from the airport will cost around $26. It is a simple process. Once you leave customs, you exit into the terminal, turn left, and find the taxi kiosk. Tell them where you're going and they give you a slip of paper. Go outside to the taxi queue and hand the first driver your paper. The fare is fixed so there is no negotating or surprises.

The Marriott can arrange a private driver for you but it will cost more. But certainly not $99 per. Generally a private car will be around $40-50.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
381 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: transfer to Quito Marriott Hotel ??

Thank you very much ! Very Helpful.

Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: transfer to Quito Marriott Hotel ??

Wow $99! I wonder where else they are completely and utterly ripping you off!

Houston, Texas
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: transfer to Quito Marriott Hotel ??

Cabs will be the cheaper option but if you have a lot of luggage they may not be the best bet. The JW Marriott partners with Aerocar for airport transfers that run about $50. You can book directly with Aerocar and pay with a credit card. If you choose to use them to go to the airport, Aerocar has a counter just outside the front door.

The hotel is about a 45 minute drive from the airport and that's without traffic delays.

Edited: 02 September 2018, 06:01
Reply to: transfer to Quito Marriott Hotel ??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted