We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early disembarkment

Macerata, Italy
Level Contributor
50 posts
34 reviews
Early disembarkment

We will be ending our cruise on 17th July in Baltra probably around midday(I believe to allow guests going back to mainland to catch their flights).

Since we would like to catch the 2pm ferry for San Cristobal on the same day to spend additional 4 days there, would it be possible to leave the cruise ship early disembarking in Puerto Ayora instead of reaching Baltra taking the ferry + bus back to Puerto Ayora and probably miss the ferry to San Cristobal?

Anybody done this?

4 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Early disembarkment

Is the boat planning an excursion in Puerto Ayora that day? If so, I see no reason why you can't just leave the trip at that point. As a courtesy, you should inform the crew well ahead of time so they don't think you fell overboard or something.

Macerata, Italy
Level Contributor
50 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Early disembarkment

Of course we wouldn't just run off(is that the exact english?), but here's the program:" TUESDAY, PUERTO AYORA - BALTRA AIRPORT

(FOR DEPARTING AND ARRIVING GUESTS)

AM:GEMELOS

Departing visitors going to Baltra Airport and those who are remaining on The Beagle for a second week will all go together in a bus to the Gemelos, located in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island. These pit craters are just off the main road that crosses the island to the airport".

Just want to know if it is correct to advise and leave the cruise earlier due to other planning.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
891 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Early disembarkment

That sounds to me like you are docking in Puerto Ayora and they are bussing people to the channel for Baltra via Los Gemelos. In which case, you would just disembark in PA with everyone else. I'd suggest you double check the exact itinerary with your agent.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
650 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Early disembarkment

We did this using a different company and they said it was very very common. Tell them what you are doing. I expect it will be a non-issue

Reply to: Early disembarkment
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted