We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the flight?

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Question about the flight?

We have booked a holiday with Virgin Holidays to Bali in April flying with Singapore Airlines. We have never flown with this airline before and as I booked with a travel agent & not direct with Singapore Airline I can't find any information on the seat plan.

We are flying economy and I was wondering if any of you have an idea on what seats to request when we check in.

I am flying with my partner who is 6 ft 2.

On our last holiday with Virgin Airlines we flew Premium economy and the seats and cabin were fantastic and roomy and I am worried that we may be uncomfortable on this long flight so any ideas on seats & what the flight is like would be a great help.

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Question about the flight?

Hi Solitaire,

Singapore Airlines has consistently been one of the top airlines in the world - so you can be sure you can't be that far off from that perfect holiday. ;-P

Most popular in economy class are those emergency exit row seats where you get to stretch out your legs (a bliss if you're very tall) since there aren't any seats in front of you. You can always give SIA a call where you stay in, ask them for the configuration of the aircraft and then decide where in the aircraft you wanna be in. I doubt they'll be able to give you a specific seat no. but I'm almost certain they can put a request in your reservation record.

Enjoy your holiday. I'm sure it's gonna turn out beautiful. (",)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Question about the flight?

Just another review from an UK traveler :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k727…

But for seat assignment decision, try the below link as long as u know the type of plane you will be on :

seatguru.com/airlines/…information.php

Good Luck !

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,659 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Question about the flight?

I'd suggest contacting your travel agent, they should be able to contact SIA on your behalf to make this request (they'll have the appropriate booking reference for SIA).

If you book flights direct on the SIA website, you can pre-book your seats (even shows a seat plan) and all of the seat-guru recommended seats get snapped up really quick. But if SIA are like other airlines they should allocate blocks of seats to their codeshare partners (ie Virgin) and you may be lucky.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,081 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Question about the flight?

SIA. is.....great :p

48h before departure you can check-in on SIA website and choose your seat (Paris to Singapore).

Good/bad seats depend on the airplane. Take a look to websites talking about this, e.g. seatguru.com/airlines/…information.php

Main issue to economic class: seats are not large and are close from each other...ok it's why it's called economy lol

Hope this helps

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,081 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Question about the flight?

oops..already said by other forumers.

forget my thread, sorry...:/

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Question about the flight?

Thanks everybody............I have called SIA and am waiting for a call back.

I have looked on the seat guru site and it is very good, they say they may be able to put a request in but it will not be guaranteed but I shall let you know...thanks for all your help :)

7. Re: Question about the flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 06:25