We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with a view!

Felpham, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
67 reviews
Hotel with a view!

Hi

Organising next trip to Oz in December to meet new grandson. We are stopping over in Singapore for 3 nights out and 2 back.

On way out I would like a 4/5 star hotel but I want a room with a view of water! We are not keen shoppers but love exploring new places and finding out about the history of a place.

Thinking of Mandarin Oriental, Royal Plaza on Scotts, Meritus/Marina Mandarin or any others you suggest!

Any ideas would be gratefully received; I have had such a lot of help from posters on this site in the past!

Many thanks

Masha

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Hotel with a view!

hope this list can help :

but if u want a water view, u can skip Royal Plaza on Scotts as well as Meritus Mandarin (along Orchard, Marina Mandarin is at marina square)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8205-Singapore…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
633 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Hotel with a view!

Hi Masha, should consider Ritz Carlton.

Asia
Level Contributor
910 posts
273 reviews
3. Re: Hotel with a view!

Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental (just completed its renovations several weeks ago) and Swissotel The Stamford for fabulous views of the waterfront....

Bangkok
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Hotel with a view!

Although not my favorite hotel in SG, the water views of the R Carlton are very nice, and from the bathtub too. Another hotel with nice water views at a lower price and category but still quite decent is the M Hotel. Just make sure with the M that you specify that a water view is needed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Hotel with a view!

Hi! I would got with The Mandarin Oriental- remember to request a water view when booking.

6. Re: Hotel with a view!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 00:20