We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best time to visit singapore?

India
4 posts
Which is the best time to visit singapore?

Im from mangalore, India. Me and my parents are planing to visit singapore shortly may be in Nov for a week. But im confused as to how the weather is? i would like to know which is the best month to visit singapore. Its our first international trip...so i want it to be the most memorable one...

As it is our first visit i donot have any idea as to what should we carry along with us, so tht it will help us later... Kindly help me...

Thanks in advance

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
1. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

hi there,

u can visit spore any time of the year most preferred could be during may to july cos of the great spore sales...

u will be visiting in nov, the clothing that u could bring along will be tshirt and jeans or ur normal clothing that u are comfortable with...cos weather in spore is humid and sunny all day round, could experience some rains occassionally...

shopping wise, can visit sim lim square nearest mrt will be bugis station if u are into electronic items, otherwise shopping center such as takashimaya, istean scotts, hereen, plaza singapura - will be ard orchard road, somerest, doby ghaut...check it out... hope my info will be useful.

India
4 posts
2. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

Thank u shuki ..... thank u very much... Could u please tel me which is the best place to buy gifts and items which will make my trip most memorable to me as wel as my family and friends...

And also which are the most popular shopping items that are unique and worh buying in Singapore??

Waiting for ur reply.... Thank u nce again

Jakarta
9 posts
3. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

I have been to singapore view times , my most favorite time was in Singapore during December . Near to Christmas ... Singapore looks so pretty with lighting, especially Orchard area .

YSJ
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
136 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

You can visit Little India as the street will be beautifully lit up for Deepavali.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

Maybe should bring umbrella because weather can either be hot or raining in nov. bring sunglasses/shades. wear them when u are outside because sun rays are strong. sunblock too.

as for gifts, i think its those normal tourist attraction places like Zoo, Night Safari, Raffles Hotel where tourist buy gifts for friends. Chinatown/Little india should have also but range will be different from that of tourist attraction places.

If u like or can eat Chicken Rice (chinese food), then maybe u like to buy boxes of Prima Taste Chicken Rice, Curry Chicken etc back to India and cook for yrself. Dont buy the ones at DFS/Airport. Packaging is about the same, less chilli i think and its about 3x more expensive than the normal packets found at local food outlet. Buy Prima Taste because this is made in Singapore product and the taste is quite authentic Singaporean taste. U can easily find them at NTUC, Cold Storage, Carrfour, and maybe Mustafa too. Its in boxes and they will include the recipe and ingredients inside. Costed about $5++. They are normally placed near Chilli/Spices/Instant Mixes for foods.

India
4 posts
6. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

Thank u sporean, yes i do eat chicken, i wil definetly buy prima taste that u have advised me. .

Do tel me some mre thngs that u thnk is worth buying there. . ? R there any shopping festivals cmng up in nov?

Thanks again

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

yup. Do remember to buy. Can give friends too or you can cook and invite them to yr house hahahha. I bought before and the rice is lovely. Very fragrant. Actually, not many Singaporeans tried that too. Maybe because the pricing is more expensive than others available. Some are from malaysia, some thailand. I find some of them too salty for my liking.

The celebration near to Nov is only Deepavali. Decorations will be done along Little India Road. Maybe shopping malls will start to roll out christmas coffrets but not sure how early they will start to push for sales.

I am not sure of yr religion but we have 2 famous temples at waterloo street. one is a chinese temple where there's the God of Mercy (there's a indian/sanskrit name but i forget) and there are hindus (local) that went to this temple to draw lots too. So its quite a contrast during wkend. Cauasians like to go in and take a look. Mostly are brought over there by their friends and explained to them what people are doing.

Then there's a hindu temple further down. U will see many chinese lighting up joss sticks and pray too. Then last time as there are funds raising going on, chinese will donate $ for temple upgrading.

near to this temple is a coffeeshop. They have a vegetarian stall selling fried noodle with all the fake meat. not bad. The rojak here is also not bad.

And there's also a nice indian rojak stall at waterloo street. its opposite 2 apartments and i am not sure of the name. its featured in makansutra so if u are itnerested, i can help u check. i tried before and its nice.

however, as Singapore is having more and more indians immigrants, there's more north indians (fairer) here now than before. Recently talked to one and he told me he disliked south indian foods and find our local roti prata rubbish. hehehhehehee. in a way, roti prata is very unhealthy food. so i am not sure if the indian rojak will be appealing to u.

Singapore
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

India Tourists love to go Mustafa Centre which opens 24 hrs. Take a look at there and visit the local little india as well.

Orchard Road is good for shopping for gift as well.

India
4 posts
9. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

Thank you Sporean....and vinvin as well. i am a hindu, but i do like chinese food a lot. Any good food will do for me he he he. I am a hindu, and i will make some time to visit near by temples...and do lots of shopping....

Thank u all once again.....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Which is the best time to visit singapore?

No problem. Hope that you & your parents will find Singapore fun and interesting.