We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
296 posts
329 reviews
Save Topic
Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

We will be visiting Universal Studios in mid January.

Does it make sense to get to USS as early as possible (opening time) and ride until lunchtime when the queues are getting long, then leave and hangout, swim at Siloso Beach until late afternoon, returning to USS at about 5pm when the crowds thin out?

How easy is it to get to Siloso beach from USS?

We were thinking of returning to VivoCity for dinner and shopping after USS.

9 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

The beach is only 2 stops away from USS via the Sentosa Express (monorail) so it’s easy. What I am not sure about is whether your plan works, in particular whether you have time to do all the rides you want according to your plan. And don’t get yourself sun burnt!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
296 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

Could be an option to consider on the day though...

Singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

It is possible, except for the fact that the crowd thins out pretty late at USS.

Alternatively, why do you want to hang out at Siloso Beach instead of enjoying the rides?

Btw, it is 2 stations away, give and take 20 mins of travelling time, waking out from USS, waiting and getting to the beach.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

Can I recommend Tanjong Beach instead? It's bigger and quieter than Siloso, and the swimming area more extensive and interesting, with a sandbar you can swim out to. There's plenty of shelter from the sun as well.

I can also recommend the trendy Tanjong Beach Club for a meal and/or drinks.

Tanjong Beach is walkable from Siloso, or there's a complimentary tram. In between the two is Palawan Beach, which is also nice.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
296 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

It was more about avoiding long mid day queues than not enjoying the rides.

We would try to get in as many rides as possible in the morning and then later in the afternoon.

It was just a thought.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
296 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

It was more about avoiding long mid day queues than not enjoying the rides. We would plan to get in as many rides as possible in the morning and then in the late afternoon. I'm just exploring options at this point.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

I can never understand why people try to cover USS in a limited time ,for me being as the tickets are not cheap we stay there for most if not all day to get our monies worth. Or perhaps I'm just tight lol

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

You want to return to the park at 5pm? You will need to check the closing time form your visit as it could

close at 6pm so not really worth it.

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?

We normally prefer to go to Palawan beach for the afternoon. Take the monorail to Beach Station and it's a short walk.

Of course, there is a risk that you won't manage to do all the rides if you do this, this doesn't worry us as we have season passes, and can do any rides we miss on another day.

Reply to: Midday swim at Siloso Beach during USS visit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted