We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for ten night stay

sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels for ten night stay

Hi, my family of four will be visiting Singapore for 10 nights over the Christmas holidays (departing New Years Eve). We would like to stay in two different areas for 5 nights each.

I am thinking we will stay in the Orchard Road area for the first 5 nights- probably Hotel Jen Orchardgateway or Marriott Tang.

But about the second 5 nights? I have narrowed it down to Parkroyal on Pickering (it looks interesting) the Intercontinental (heritage), Pan Pacific (good deal) or Mandarin Oriental (good pool). I like the Fullerton but it is too expensive. A nice pool is important for the kids and I would like a location that is close to the MRT and restaurants. Which option do you think would compliment a stay in the Orchard Road area? Is there a Hotel/location that I should be considering instead? Thanks a lot.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,456 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Singapore
Hotel Jen Orchardgateway...
2,331 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
8,668 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
The Fullerton Hotel...
4,227 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
12 replies to this topic
sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

Thanks for your feedback - interesting. We might need to rule out the Parkroyal anyway as we need connecting rooms and at this point they can’t guarantee them.

I’ve been reading this afternoon that the Marina is especially nice at Christmas - with markets and Christmas trees etc - so I’m now thinking that maybe we should stay at a hotel there - for the first five nights and then move to Hotel Jen Orchardgate. Do you know if the Marina is especially nice in the lead up to Christmas?

The kids will be 12. I looked at Swisshotel Merchant Court but it didn’t look like anything particularly special. Thanks for the continued feedback!

Dubai
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

I stayed at Marina Mandarin over Christmas once; they had a huge Christmas tree in their cavernous foyer (but I think that all hotels will have this.) Of course a Marina Bay View room will have a closer view of Marina Bay Sands (the view from Jen Orchard swimming pool will be a warm-up for this.)

I was suggesting Merchant Court for the swimming pool (you can see pictures of it if you search the hotel on Booking.com, for example.) It is very nice for children, with the slide, etc. They also have the outdoor 'Blue Potato' beside it, where adults could sit and have a bite or a drink and watch the kids also, if you didn't want to swim (as frequently as the kids will want to.)

It sits beside the river, which makes it convenient for walking to other areas. The Read Bridge leading to Clarke Quay usually is decked out and lit up with trees at Christmas, and it's nice. However, Clarke Quay wouldn't be a place for kids in general; more of an area for nightclubbing.

Anyway, best wishes...

Mentioned in this post
Marina Mandarin Singapore
Marina Mandarin Singapore
6,750 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
11,136 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands