We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for ten night stay

sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Hotels for ten night stay

Hi, my family of four will be visiting Singapore for 10 nights over the Christmas holidays (departing New Years Eve). We would like to stay in two different areas for 5 nights each.

I am thinking we will stay in the Orchard Road area for the first 5 nights- probably Hotel Jen Orchardgateway or Marriott Tang.

But about the second 5 nights? I have narrowed it down to Parkroyal on Pickering (it looks interesting) the Intercontinental (heritage), Pan Pacific (good deal) or Mandarin Oriental (good pool). I like the Fullerton but it is too expensive. A nice pool is important for the kids and I would like a location that is close to the MRT and restaurants. Which option do you think would compliment a stay in the Orchard Road area? Is there a Hotel/location that I should be considering instead? Thanks a lot.

12 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,025 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

I also enjoy shifting hotels. Though the distances between those areas is only a few kilometres, I guess it’s more about experiencing a different hotel. JenOrchardGateway would be nice, and it’s up to you I guess, which style hotel you prefer.

To add to your list of hotels and areas, have you looked at One Farrer Hotel & Spa. It’s opposite an entrance to Farrer Park MRT station. Huge outdoor pool, I loved swimming in it. They have the Urban Hotel section and the Skyline Hotel section, so several different type of room categories. Very good value prices for this hotel.

sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

Thank you. Will look at that Hotel. I was thinking though that a hotel near the Marina Sands/Clarke Quay area would be a good second, central location.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,025 posts
123 reviews
3. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

They are all quite close, but yes with different atmosphere. Just go with which hotel appeals the most.

sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

Is the Parkroyal on Pickering in an interesting area? What about the Intercontinental? Thanks again.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,210 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

Hi,

Imo, Parkroyal on Pickering is midway between Chinatown and Clark Quay. I think from your reading you might have know how the locale is like. Plenty of food, mrt stations, nightlife, etc.

The InterContinental is at Bugis. Attached to a mall, Bugis Junction, and the Bugis mrt station where there are 2 lines : EW line linking to the airport and Downtown Line also linking to the airport and the Marina Bay. Rich food area, shopping at the mall as well as street market at Bugis Village.

Bear in mind that Singapore is a small and compact city. Nowhere is far from each other . By bus , Chinatown/ Clarke Quay are less than a hand full of stops away. So is Orchatd Road.

Edited: 20 January 2018, 00:00
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,118 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

I would go with Pan Pacific Singapore if you like the Marina Bay area and don't have issues with the hollow-core structure.

Edited: 20 January 2018, 01:29
sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

Thanks for the feedback. Now that the kids (they are both 11) have seen pictures of the Parkroyal on Pickering that is the top of the list for them. What do you think of that Hotel and its location as a family friendly choice?

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
119 reviews
8. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

Park on Pickering is a fabulous option, nicest rooms, most convenient location, impeccable service, great pool and outlandish interior design. Very highly recommended, especially if your kids are already looking into it...lol

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
119 reviews
9. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

And I totally support Jen orchard as a choice for your first five days.

Dubai
Level Contributor
420 posts
50 reviews
10. Re: Hotels for ten night stay

Parkroyal on Pickering does look very interesting; every time I would walk from Swissotel Merchant Court to Chinatown ... there it was. looking interesting. So I stayed there. But I wouldn't stay there again. If you want a "good pool" then Parkroyal on Pickering is not the one for you; fairly narrow and covered by a ceiling. Also, I found the hotel very expensive, for no discernible reason (on the inside.) It is nothing special as far as the rooms go. The pods look interesting, but how long are you going to sit in one ... 5 minutes? It is a short walk to Chinatown, but if there is another reason to stay there, I didn't discover it when I was there.

A Marina Bay view room is tough to beat at Mandarin Oriental. It has a nice pool, no question, and also a great view from the pool (and not just of tiny Hong Lim Park.) Pan Pacific is also good.

Hotel Jen Orchardgateway is a better choice than the Marriott for the first 5 days, especially with kids.

How old are the children? They have 2 water slides (one going into a wading pool) at the pool at Swissotel Merchant Court.

Reply to: Hotels for ten night stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted