We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Singapore from KL

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving in Singapore from KL

Hi I will be driving in to singapore from Kl using car registered under my name. Read that we need the car insurance policy to show when purchasing auto pass card. Wondering if they need original or a photocopy will do?

3 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Singapore from KL

Hi

Bring the original.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,792 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Singapore from KL

I’d take any and everything to do with my car, Registration, insurance, warrant of fitness, purchase receipt, the lot, having of course made copies which I’d leave at home. One may not need them, but one might.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,571 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Singapore from KL

For West Malaysian-registered vehicles, a valid road tax is usually sufficient to enter Singapore, as a valid road tax means the vehicle has valid insurance. That being said, it is a good idea to have the vehicle registration card and insurance papers with you anyway, just in case you get into an accident.

When my family drove down to Singapore a couple years back, we brought along the car registration papers. The couple next in line to us at the checkpoint LTA office had only their road tax to show, quite literally - they took the road tax sticker off the windscreen and presented it at the office! Not advisable as you risk damaging the road tax sticker. An LTA officer will walk to your car and check the details of the road tax sticker on the windscreen.

Edited: 20 January 2018, 13:38
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Reply to: Driving in Singapore from KL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted