We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotels/ hostels

Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Budget hotels/ hostels

Safe accommodation which is centrally located for solo female traveller in the month of Feb. Budget is around 20-40 SGD.

7 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget hotels/ hostels

I am pleased to post this link for you. I hope it helps. Thank you. 😊

https:/…

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,346 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget hotels/ hostels

Ok that is a really small budget for Singapore. You are mostly looking at hostels and likely only shared dormitory spaces for most of that range. Capsule hotels will fall in that range, tooSafety shouldn't be an issue in any legal accommodation in Singapore. Central is going to be an issue at that budget.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,938 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget hotels/ hostels

Yes, your budget may not get you a room with bathroom at a hotel. The cheapest hotel maybe, depending on dates could be Hotel Conforto (single bed room with no bathroom, you would share that with other guests). Or Hotel Snow in Cavan road in the Lavender area often has good prices on their tiny single bed rooms which have their own shower and toilet.

Otherwise I suggest you look at many of the clean, modern Hostels (a bed in a dorm with shared bathroom and usually including a simple light breakfast and free wifi internet) around the city. Sites like Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and booking.com list them. After you have looked and come up with a list of a few you like you can read reviews of them by clicking the magnifying glass icon at the top right side of this website page. Then by typing a hotel or hostel name in you are taken to its reviews and photos page. You can read what recent guests thought.

I hope you find one which suits.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget hotels/ hostels

That's too little of a budget for even a budget hotel in Singapore. Maybe you can try hostels.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget hotels/ hostels

Just did a random search of one hostel I know to be really good. It depends what you want, personally I’d rather pay $10 and stay in a rubbish place, than spend $100 and stay in a rubbish place.

If you get my drift, but this particular hostel offers great value for money, isn’t rubbish or perfect, but for twelve Bucks a night..............I’ll do me for a few nights.

https:/…

Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget hotels/ hostels

Thank you all.

After doing some research Beary best hostel seems a good option based on its location. What are your opinions?

Are there any other hotels, like Hotel Snow which has a single bed with ensuite bathroom?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,938 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget hotels/ hostels

Beary Best is part of the Beary brand and they have a couple of Hostels around Chinatown. Chinatown is a great area. Safe, popular, busy, lots of places to eat, easy access to the MRT with Chinatown station. Chinatown Point Mall is right by the station and it has lots of food places, Supermarket, cafes. Beary Best is basically opposite that Mall. There is a bus stop almost outside that hostel too. You would be in the heart of Chinatown.

Hotel Snow is one of a few really cheap small hotels with single bed rooms with ensuite bathroom. Usually I pay SGD$40-52 a night there. I’ve had three short stays.

For a higher price, and also very well-located would be City Inn MacKenzie. They have modern single bed rooms. Great location. Under 5 minutes walk to an entrance of Little India MRT station. I stayed twice a couple of years ago when it was still called Rucksack Inn @ MacKenzie.

Others like Arianna hotel in Little India can be cheap, but the rooms are outdated and you would need to carefully read reviews. I wouldn’t stay there, and I’m a solo older female Traveller.

There are other budget boutique hotels with single bed rooms, but they are about SGD$80 or more a night.

Maybe the hostel would be your best option.

Reply to: Budget hotels/ hostels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted